Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perform with BB standalone?

Hi everyone,

I purchased a BB today - so it's early days. I'll be working through all the tutorials and manuals over the next 10 days before I commit to keeping it. It is a beautiful device with exquisite build quality - just need to be sure I can justify the purchase and make the most of it.

Towards that end, one use I'd like to explore is to load up 16 very long sample clips and trigger/fade them in manually. I.e. trigger pad one, it's looping, fade it in, as it's going, trigger pad 2, looping, fade that in over the top, fade pad 1 down, trigger pad 3 etc.

So far, I can trigger a pad, then pop over to the mixer page, fade it up, pop back to clip view, trigger next one, pop BACK over to mixer view fade that up etc etc.

I was hoping I could do this all from one page/screen. Before I waste hours looking for what isn't possible, is this possible or do you just have to use a midi controller? Was hoping to go minimal for a while.

Cheers!

Bill

You can either stay on mixer and do triggering by midi notes, or you can now (firmware 1.3) use midi learn to map midi cc from your controller to each pad's volume parameter.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapman View Post
      You can either stay on mixer and do triggering by midi notes, or you can now (firmware 1.3) use midi learn to map midi cc from your controller to each pad's volume parameter.
      Hi Zapman,

So in other words, I do need some type of midi controller if I want to fluidly do fades right?

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly..

Bill

Comment

I think we're still waiting to be able to automate parameters using the sequencer... that'd be ideal, I think....

Comment

Originally posted by duncandisorderly View Post
          I think we're still waiting to be able to automate parameters using the sequencer... that'd be ideal, I think....
          Hi Duncan,

Yes - very fun to say the least.

I did manage to get a midi controller connected to the BB and to control some things but ran into a strange issue - quite possibly user error.

I was only able to map a total of 9 parameters and the the BB stopped midi mapping. Is there a limit at present?

Specifically I mapped controllers to Vol, Filter, Pitch, Grain Speed and Loop start/end to one pad. I then repeated it for a second pad but the BB wouldn’t take any more mappings by the time I got to Loop End.

I then started over with Pad 2 and then did Pad 1 second, but ran into the same limitation.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just not possible yet?

Cheers everyone - I so want this to work

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X