Click track channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click track channel

In the past some of the most interesting stage performances that I have seen have incorporated a live element(s) such as a drummer or bass player. A new to me thought was to use one of the out channels for a click track for any live performers. Perhaps a trigger pad for a drummer that could feed back to the clock? Have not tested and interested if anyone has tried similar integration.
    Last edited by chussung; 11-08-2019, 02:42 PM.

You could easily create a click track by dedicating a pad, sequence, and output to that purpose. Let me know if that is not clear.

Comment

• chussung
      chussung commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I know. I am interested if anyone has used this in a live performance.

Originally posted by chussung View Post
    In the past some of the most interesting stage performances that I have seen have incorporated a live element(s) such as a drummer or bass player. A new to me thought was to use one of the out channels for a click track for any live performers. Perhaps a trigger pad for a drummer that could feed back to the clock? Have not tested and interested if anyone has tried similar integration.
    What I did with the MPC Live I had (and that we can also do with the BB), was creating a wav sample of 4 clicks, looping that for the duration of the song/sequence. This click track was routed to a mixer so that the band could decide if and how much click they wanted in their headphones. You can also send the click track to a small mixer placed near the drummer, so he can control the levels of both click and music. Now, who presses play on the BB is based on your needs but I wouldn't complicate things with cables and midi. If you are the guy using the BB on stage, you press play and the drummer gets the click.

Comment

Working...
    X