Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIDI out from sequences that does not effect/trigger pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI out from sequences that does not effect/trigger pads?

hey rad people - i'm relatively new to the BB and am struggling with an aspect of it.

is there a way to have sequences only send MIDI out while not triggering the pads?

say i have pads 1-15 occupied by samples taking up MIDI channels 1-15 (they are complex, multi-slice samples, and so far have each needed their own MIDI channel to work the way i want them to): (how) can i make a sequence in BB trigger a separate hardware device (in my case an akai mpx16) without it triggering the pads too?

dont know if this is important too, but i am triggering the pads via a usb controller (arturia keystep). if i have a sequence running, even on just the 16th step (ie where there is no sample assigned to the 16th pad), the arturia stops triggering the pads...

so, in sum, i want:

- my arturia to trigger the BB pads

- the BB sequencer to trigger an external sampler

...without the two effecting each other.

thanks a lot for any help/advice!

If you want only external midi you have to mute the pad in the mix section. You cannot use it for both independently, as far as i am aware.

Comment

Originally posted by weathercitizen View Post

is there a way to have sequences only send MIDI out while not triggering the pads?

so, in sum, i want:

- my arturia to trigger the BB pads

- the BB sequencer to trigger an external sampler

...without the two effecting each other.

Hi weathercitizen

Sequences are connected to Pads. However, you can populate all 16 sequences from the Keys interface (or external controller) from a single Pad and drive external gear from there. Each sequence can send to a unique MIDI channel if needed.
      Last edited by Steve; 01-10-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X