X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    A new version is now available in the firmware section:
    https://forum.1010music.com/forum/ta...blackbox-1-4-0

We look forward to your comments, suggestions, and bug reports below.
    Hello Aaron , would like to start thanking for the grid KEYS mode added in this update , this is a first step on implementing the BB as a live performance tool .

But dear 1010music friends i will be the devils advocate also and point out that just yesterday you have a direct competitor of the BB , similar price tag , less outputs than BB but much more live performance friendly , with note repeat , scale mode , automations , live recording , 3 synthesisers plug ins etc ....
    1010music you should step up your game and listen to the users as Akai did there is a series competitor here.

here it is a video with some crucial KEY POINTS and BASIC FEATURES that make the Akai MPC one much more performative and fast tool than BB , those are basic things that could easily be implemented by 1010music but that would make a huge difference for the users that perform live.

this is the video where you can get inspired to do some basic implements for BB --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0A-db-eUn0

1. min 4:09 and 4 :33 --> NOTE REPEAT ( it is a night mare to do drum rolling or note repeat live on the BB even this is a crucial basic tool in electronic music and should be a must )
    2. min 10:00 changing velocity levels on the touch screen to add more movement to the patterns
    3. Akai automatically detect the pitch of a sample and distribute it correctly along the keyboard ( bb can't do this automatically and is a true nightmare to play samples correctly through an octave)
    and live recording , chord mode hopefully .

Dear Aaron we are not asking for LFOs or deep modulations or VST nd plug in like the aka one but cmon can we have a basic note repeat 1/8th 1/16 1/32 and the automatic pitch detection of a sample so to play notes correctly through an octave , this is not asking to much !!

I want to hope that this time 1010music will listen .

thnx and wish you all a happy day

Comment

• virtualpt
      virtualpt commented
      Editing a comment
      The Akai can't stream long samples. It seems only Octatrack & BB can stream long samples.

Originally posted by totalvoyage View Post

Dear Aaron we are not asking for LFOs or deep modulations
    I'd argue that many are asking for LFOs and deep modulation.

Comment

• DeepDiveCorp.
      DeepDiveCorp. commented
      Editing a comment
      EXACTLY 100% for modulation options to kick some life into specific sounds ! ! !

Nice update Aaron. Really liked the new keyboards and the assignment of specific midi keys to parts. Very flexible!
    Now the bad part:
    Really disliked the fact that program changes are still received to all midi channels! It's driving me crazy!!!! Please give us the option to send it to a specific channel. It's really frustrating!!!
    I would really like some users that support this feature of PG on all midi channels to come forth and explain their views. Who wants PGs to operate like this? I am really curious about this. PG on midi channels would make sense if it was being used to select a sample for each cell which is assigned to each own midi channel. But that is not the case her. Program changes are used to select presets. Who really wants to receive PG on all midi channels? I have to waste a whole midi port of 16 channels exclusively for Bbox due to this weird design approach. Is it only me that uses blackbox along with other midi gear that accept program changes? Please do something about it or tell us why you can't do this.
    Suggestion:
    on the tools page in the program change field along with the options of "ON" and "OFF" add the 16 midi channels and make me happy along with all users. Whats so difficult about it???? Please explain to us.
    Last edited by kraftf; 01-16-2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

hi kraftf,

Originally posted by kraftf View Post
      Really disliked the fact that program changes are still received to all midi channels! It's driving me crazy!!!!
      Yeah, I'm having the same problem and posted a bug report about it here:
      https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...ts-on-blackbox

Originally posted by kraftf View Post
      Suggestion:
      on the tools page in the program change field along with the options of "ON" and "OFF" add the 16 midi channels ...
      In my opinion would be perfect if the Blackbox accepted Program Change Messages ONLY on the "Pads" and "Keys" Midi Channels, as set in the "Tools" section.

Comment

Originally posted by mmediacy View Post
        hi kraftf,

Yeah, I'm having the same problem and posted a bug report about it here:
        https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...ts-on-blackbox

In my opinion would be perfect if the Blackbox accepted Program Change Messages ONLY on the "Pads" and "Keys" Midi Channels, as set in the "Tools" section.
        I am afraid my friend that the development team has classified this behaviour as a feature and not a bug. Firmware 1.3.5 was correctly responding to PGs sent to the pads channel only. This changed in the upcoming versions, I suppose after people's request. I can't think of a logical approach in using 16 midi channels to send PGs that perform only one operation, I.e. change the loaded preset.
        As you say I have the same problems in my midi chain where Bbox is hooked. All the PGs that are sent to irrelevant midi channels at the same midi port as Bbox keep messing the loaded preset.
        I have also addressed this issue as an in the wish list, not in bug reporting because Aaron is already familiar with the issue since he changed the behaviour of PG on purpose.
        here is my post in the wish list section:

The program change that was being sent only to the pads midi channel was the correct approach. All monotimbral instrumentsthat I know of have a midi channel defined for receiving/sending program changes. Please change it back to the previous version or give the option to define the midi channel(s) that the PG are being

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Pimiento View Post

Thank you for the update. Glad I'm a BlackBox owner. ...And yes to LFO's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Pimiento View Post

Yes to LFOs and/or parameter automation.

Comment

I guess the tricky part of updating such a versatile device is everyone thinks different things are the priority. I'd take modulation of sample params over note repeat any day. I can understand someone else wanting it though.

Comment

Why am I at work instead of updating my blackbox...

Comment

Am sick of asking for the same basic things tbh.....At the very least assigning the volume to an actual knob so my ears wouldnt get blown off when auditioning samples. Then you have other basic creative wants like a frigging note repeat, more sequence slots, a non linear song mode (with more than 13 steps), a preferences screen where we can set the number of steps or bars as defaults instead of the same laborious task of opening a new sequence slot and setting 64 steps manually etc etc. Guess i was hoping for an update where existing things got improved.
                  Last edited by jonesybb; 01-17-2020, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• pieter3d
                    pieter3d commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This update actually did improve basic functionality imo. Sure, they didn't do everything I wished for, but that wasn't realistically possible anyway.

The BB already went way beyond what was promised at the time of release. If that isn't good enough for you, I'm not sure why you bought it.

My experience as a Blackbox owner has not made me sick in any way. I bought the machine for what it does, not in hopes of of it being a DAW.
                  Buying a product in hopes of it become omg something else is a sure path to feeling sick and disappointment.
                  I've literally only had the thing for a month, and I’ve already seen 2 firmware updates dedicated to adding in features. I’d say the team is doing a great job and I’m very happy.
                  Perhaps many BB owners would finally be happy with the device if they no longer had the device?

Comment

thanks for the uptade, its great! i like to use the touchsreen even more now !

Comment

Originally posted by Suspect Frequencies View Post
                      My experience as a Blackbox owner has not made me sick in any way. I bought the machine for what it does, not in hopes of of it being a DAW.
                      Buying a product in hopes of it become omg something else is a sure path to feeling sick and disappointment.
                      I've literally only had the thing for a month, and I’ve already seen 2 firmware updates dedicated to adding in features. I’d say the team is doing a great job and I’m very happy.
                      Perhaps many BB owners would finally be happy with the device if they no longer had the device?
                      wanting a dedicated headphone knob is hardly asking for the world nor hoping it replaces a Daw..ffs.....and blowing your ears off auditioning a loud snare can make you sick lol

Comment

• DieselPower
                        DieselPower commented
                        Editing a comment
                        turn the volume of your headphones down, its in tools. run your BB into a mixer. take care of yourself.

Originally posted by jonesybb View Post

wanting a dedicated headphone knob is hardly asking for the world nor hoping it replaces a Daw..ffs.....and blowing your ears off auditioning a loud snare can make you sick lol
                      No one said it was. I haven’t had the volume problem you’re experiencing. Good luck with your BB, ffs.

Comment

Love the new key modes, the scale one is super simple and great. Great update!

Comment

Working...
                        X