No announcement yet.

blackbox 1.4 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does scale mode work with an external keyboard as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Suspect Frequencies View Post
      No one said it was. I haven’t had the volume problem you’re experiencing. Good luck with your BB, ffs.
      You probably have your monitors turned down a lot or your samples are normalised to -20 db. If you don't then I think you should pay a visit to your doctor for an ear check!!

Comment

I'd still love to see a velocity slider on the keyboard / key grid page.

Very excited to get home and update.

Comment

Originally posted by BoutiqueCase View Post
        Good question I was wondering the same thing.
        I will update soon after finishing a song.
        just curious in the meanwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Pimiento View Post

I'd argue that many are asking for LFOs and deep modulation.

oh I would love LFOs too but here we are missing the basics basics developed in 1980 that the Black Box don't have a NOTE REPEAT , lets start from basics , I can live without LFO but spending so much time to make a simple HH note repeat is wired!!

Comment

I didn't expect the grid to be too useful for me, as I generally have a keyboard attached to it (at home a 88-key 90's digital piano, otherwise a keystep), but I stand corrected. It's a super useful, inspiring tool, and makes great use of the touch screen, much better than the build in keyboard (although that's also nice to have). Now you can actually play chords over a few octaves comfortably without resorting to an external keyboard!

I'm also positively surprised by the amount of built-in scales and the ease of selecting them. My only wish with the grid so far would be a user defined scale, for example to only show the notes that trigger sounds on my drum synth that's hooked up through midi.

Haven't tried the new slicer functionality yet.

Great work, keep doing what you're doing!

Comment

Originally posted by totalvoyage View Post

oh I would love LFOs too but here we are missing the basics basics developed in 1980 that the Black Box don't have a NOTE REPEAT , lets start from basics , I can live without LFO but spending so much time to make a simple HH note repeat is wired!!
              Surely the most requested feature ever

Comment

Scale grid was unexpected but very welcome. Another fantastic update, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BoutiqueCase View Post
                  Sadly not.... Can't be a massive thing to fix

Comment

Thanks for the update. Every update is a bonus and 1.4 is a great one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesybb View Post

Surely the most requested feature ever
                      this is a focused sampler and sample playback , it is meant that you already start from an already fundamental good sample that don't need so much modulations but need fast performance tools ( sequencing etc ) . Some people should connect with reality that BB can't sobstitute a Virus but can be a magnificent Drum Maschine especially for conventional Techno and House so to play drums you need to reach fast note repeat, drum rollings , chord mode etc .
                      Not everybody make blink blink 8 hours self generative drone with 20 LFO modulating everything that no body want to listen , some people make a living with conventional electronic music.
                      so each to their own , I hope In more performative tools for people like me and some lfo for people like you it might cool down your funny sarcasm ""

Comment

Wow, had been using a midiPal as a scaler to program melodies to my BlackBox. Didn't know that scaling was even being considered as a feature, but having it internally is really nice for expedient jamming!

Every development on this platform has been a welcome addition to a device I would have already been content with on purchase, kudos to you developers for managing such a complex project with such a multiplicity of expectations!

The only feature that I'd +1 is a basic LFO...
                        Last edited by somesounds; 01-19-2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Just got my bb, it's really awesome and much better than I thought it would be, the scale mode is really handy , even when I have a midi controllers plugged into, as a suggestion, maybe in the future can we users make our own scales? no rush, just an idea

Comment

Originally posted by totalvoyage View Post

this is a focused sampler and sample playback , it is meant that you already start from an already fundamental good sample that don't need so much modulations but need fast performance tools ( sequencing etc ) . Some people should connect with reality that BB can't sobstitute a Virus but can be a magnificent Drum Maschine especially for conventional Techno and House so to play drums you need to reach fast note repeat, drum rollings , chord mode etc .
                            Not everybody make blink blink 8 hours self generative drone with 20 LFO modulating everything that no body want to listen , some people make a living with conventional electronic music.
                            so each to their own , I hope In more performative tools for people like me and some lfo for people like you it might cool down your funny sarcasm ""
                            Maybe try to be constructive. Lots of people seem to want LFOs. I'm one of them. But this tread was really about the 1.4 update.

Comment

I would love to see an option in the sequencer to edit the velocity per note! Also, im not very clear about the new slicer functionalities, hope you explain it more in detail in the updated manual.
                              Great work with this machine! I considered selling it a couple of weeks ago since i have and OT, but now its slowly taking its place in my setup, thanks for your amazing work on this!

Comment

• Steve
                                Steve commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Videos are coming!
                            Working...
                            X