New device arrived ten minutes ago and there's an issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New device arrived ten minutes ago and there's an issue

My blackbox arrived just a few minutes ago and the memory card is empty!

My blackbox is just in an infinite restart cycle!

Is there anywhere to download the content that's meant to be on the card?

Really can't be doing with sending the whole thing back and awaiting a replacement....

Thanks

Yes!
    go to the firmware downloads, look for ‘firmware 1.3 with content’
    it will have what your looking for.

Comment

... and below that look for ‘1.0 content’ for the original stuff, with both of those you will have the latest stuffs. After that you can do the 1.4 firmware if you wish and you will be all up to date. Good luck!

Comment

Amazing, thank you for the pointers! I shall take a look in a bit and hopefully all will be grand.

Thanks again
        ​​​​

Comment

The 1.3 with content should unzip with folders and files, copy them to your card. I’m n addition copy all the original 1.0 content. Make sure card is formatted (good thread right now about 128g card issues) and read the ‘how to’ install firmware, there are a couple button presses needed on startup.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rich View Post
            My blackbox arrived just a few minutes ago and the memory card is empty!

My blackbox is just in an infinite restart cycle!

Is there anywhere to download the content that's meant to be on the card?

Really can't be doing with sending the whole thing back and awaiting a replacement....

Thanks
            I’m sorry the card was blank. :-(. We will talk to our QA people about this. Let us know if you get it working or need more help.

Thank you Suspect Frequencies for pointing out the solution. Luckily this should be an easy one to fix.

Comment

Thanks, I will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post

I’m sorry the card was blank. :-(. We will talk to our QA people about this. Let us know if you get it working or need more help.

Thank you Suspect Frequencies for pointing out the solution. Luckily this should be an easy one to fix.
                Hi- I have managed to get the files and firmware.

However...

Now when I go into the BB there are no samples to be found.

I moved the Symplesound folder into the BB folder, and there was nothing- I couldn't see anything to load on the PSET page.

I deleted the folder, and then put it back in as the zipped file, unzipped in the MSD card, and then popped that back into the BB and same again- no samples.

I'm clearly not doing something right, so please can I get some direction?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Suspect Frequencies View Post
                  The 1.3 with content should unzip with folders and files, copy them to your card. I’m n addition copy all the original 1.0 content. Make sure card is formatted (good thread right now about 128g card issues) and read the ‘how to’ install firmware, there are a couple button presses needed on startup.
                  Hi- can you help with the above post at all? Thanks again.

Comment

Yes, I’ll have to grab my laptop real quick... so the firmware is installed and it’s bringing you to the pads screen, no samples loaded, no projects in the directory if I understand correctly. That’s good, and the samples are definitely here on the forums/downloads so it’s just an unzipping/file/etc issue and you’ll definitely be able to get going.
                    do you have any music (.wav) files on your computer other than what you’re trying to download? If so, try just copying one or two, boot it up on the BB to see if they show up. I’ll check back after I grab my laptop and try downloading and unzipping the stock sample packs. Others might have them on their google drive or cloud or other such magic and may be able to link you up that way. Either way we will get it working!

Comment

Also wondering, What firmware is installed currently?

edit - ok, you probably have to extract (expand/unzip) the Symplesound folder.

Go to where you downloaded it on your hard drive > SymplesoundsBundle > Symplesound folder, right click that folder, look for extract files or similar. That should run a bit and unpack the sample. Then drag that folder over and let us know what happens...

Comment

Also wondering, What firmware is installed currently?

edit - ok, you probably have to extract (expand/unzip) the Symplesound folder.

Go to where you downloaded it on your hard drive > SymplesoundsBundle > Symplesound folder, right click that folder, look for extract files or similar. That should run a bit and unpack the sample. Then drag that folder over and let us know what happens...
                        Hi mate,

I have been able to find some samples that I imorted over, and have been able to assign them to a pad- that seems to be all good.

When I go to PSET there's still nothing in there. On the demos I have seen there's all the loopmasters etc files in that part (808 kit etc), however there's nothing showing at all- I can stat a new preset, but that givers me a blank canvas with no samples etc.

Thanks

Comment

All that stuff should be in the original 1.0 content download, I’m downloading it now to double check since mine did come on the original sd card. I’ll update you in a few when I test it. I have a blank 128g card so I’ll try a fresh install like you’re trying to do from start to finish and see how it goes for me.

Comment

All that stuff should be in the original 1.0 content download, I’m downloading it now to double check since mine did come on the original sd card. I’ll update you in a few when I test it. I have a blank 128g card so I’ll try a fresh install like you’re trying to do from start to finish and see how it goes for me.
                            Cool, thanks for all your help mate.
                            It is the latest firmware btw.

I have now loaded some more of my own samples and loops and I am able to find them, so perhaps I need to redownload the factory content and try agin

Comment

Did you copy the ‘BlackboxContent102’ folder to the card? And you are just getting a blank, blue bar when You go to pset?

Yep, just confirmed. You need to go into the above mentioned folder, and select all the contents inside and paste those to the BlackBox SD card. If it’s all inside that ‘BlackboxContent102’ folder on the BB SD card, you won’t see the projects. So erase that folder or format the card to start fresh. Select all the individual folders and files inside the BBContent102 folder, drag it to the sd card and should be good.
                              Last edited by Suspect Frequencies; 01-15-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X