• Show
Clear All
    Steve
    Customer Happiness Enforcer

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by Prydal View Post
    Am sending cc# 36, like in the tutorial video
    I am not sure which video you are referring to. I make our videos and we use MIDI NOTE #'s - not CCs. Try MIDI Note #36

Leave a comment:

• Prydal

• Prydal
    replied
    Am sending cc# 36, like in the tutorial video

Leave a comment:

• Steve

• Steve
    replied
    are you sending nn# 36? OR C2?

Leave a comment:

• Prydal

• Prydal
    replied
    i am also faiiling at setting up my launchcontrol properly.
    especially the pads.
    here is what i do rn:
    ive set global pad mini in BB to Ch 5.
    i went into the LC editor and set the apads to be playing midi notes 36-51 on ch5 and this does not work!
    i am getting crazy!

Leave a comment:

• Steve

• Steve
    replied
    I'm late to this but I can confirm that the blackbox, properly powered, will power the LaunchControl XL. Make sure to use a quality USB cable.

Leave a comment:

• Cannibal_daddy

• Cannibal_daddy
    replied
    Originally posted by subbass View Post
    The Launch Control is looking for midi notes erm, from C1 to E2 if I recall for pad triggers, probably F2 and up for sequence triggers. I literally just bought the Launch Control XL last week after watching Ricky Tinez with his on the blackbox (also the reason I bought the blackbox :P)

You can map the sliders and rotary encoders to Midi CC control as Ricky shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T35StPF9y6Q

You can find info in the downloadable manual for the blackbox, you can plug the XL into your windows/mac PC/laptop and use the Novation Launch Control program to look what pads are mapped to what notes for the pads and match them up.

I hope that helps, I'm a beginner myself with the BB and XL.

No you cant connect it like Ricky, at least not in my Blackbox

Leave a comment:

• Fotopaul

• Fotopaul
    replied
    Originally posted by adam.wise View Post

Mk2 does not have MIDI sockets, it's USB only. But I'll test other ways to power it.
    Yes, I know, but if you connect it to a midi router that your BB is connected you can power it externally and yet have it connect to your BB via MIDI.

Leave a comment:

• Blond12

• Blond12
    commented on 's reply
    You'r welcome
  • adam.wise

• adam.wise
    replied
    Yes, you were right about the power. I connected BB to the mains socket, and it powered the Launch Control correctly (no demo mode), and the screen is responsive.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• adam.wise

• adam.wise
    replied
    Originally posted by Fotopaul
    What kind of power are you using? Do you have any way to test it by connecting to an external midi router and then into the BB?
    Mk2 does not have MIDI sockets, it's USB only. But I'll test other ways to power it.

Originally posted by Blond12 View Post
    Guys this is why its not working...

The Novation XL MK2 is different to the previous version, his main update was about the ability to reproduce RGB pad color...
    This (not lovely) new feature make him more power hungry.
    Sooo version MK1 can work standalone plugged with low power materials like ipad etc... MK2 not i guess

Try to connect the novation mk2 with a powered USB HUB should work or stay with the MK1

Ps: a "Rainbow looping "state or "vegas mode" with a midi contrĂ´ler is always the sign that he has not enough power to start, its like a sleeping mode.
    I don' have a Mk1 to test. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll try and see with a power hub or with BB directly to the socket. Right now I'm powering it through a PC USB 3 port, and realised it might not give enough juice.

Leave a comment:

• NoParades

• NoParades
    replied
    It's worth noting that anyone using MacOS Catalina does not have access to the Launchcontrol XL editor. Novation hasn't made a 64 bit version yet. This is what has kept me from picking one up to bring some non-mouse control to Bitwig. I'm sure Novation will make a new version of the editor eventually, they are usually great about this sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• Blond12

• Blond12
    replied
    Guys this is why its not working...

The Novation XL MK2 is different to the previous version, his main update was about the ability to reproduce RGB pad color...
    This (not lovely) new feature make him more power hungry.
    Sooo version MK1 can work standalone plugged with low power materials like ipad etc... MK2 not i guess

Try to connect the novation mk2 with a powered USB HUB should work or stay with the MK1

Ps: a "Rainbow looping "state or "vegas mode" with a midi contrĂ´ler is always the sign that he has not enough power to start, its like a sleeping mode.

Leave a comment:

• Fotopaul

• Fotopaul
    commented on 's reply
    What kind of power are you using? Do you have any way to test it by connecting to an external midi router and then into the BB?
  • adam.wise

• adam.wise
    replied
    I also have an issue with the Launch Control XL Mk 2. When I connect it, it goes to the same demo ("vegas") mode, but also it makes BB make a short "zzz", crash and restart every few seconds. I'm on 1.5.1 firmware on the BB, Launch Control is at the latest version.

Later edit: also, the screen becomes unresponsive to touch. The physical buttons work. If I restart BB with the Lauch Control still connected, the touch screen works again, but the controller is still in demo mode.
    adam.wise
    Last edited by adam.wise; 05-24-2020, 03:55 AM. Reason: added more details

Leave a comment:

• TheSchizoid

• TheSchizoid
    replied
    Sorry for my late reply.

Just today, the replacement blackbox arrived. No issue anymore with LC. No Las Vegas Mode, cc learning identification works. works even with my 5V/4A USB Hub.

Thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

Working...
X