Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No audio signal coming through? Newest firmware not supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No audio signal coming through? Newest firmware not supported?

I have tried plugging external gear into the BB and have had no luck with audio coming in. Coming from midi out on the external hardware and into the midi adapters provided by blackbox into the audio in on the BB. Nothing comes through, the signal just flickers between 1 or 2 points of a db. I have an RD-8 and a Deepmind 12, is it that I need some voltage adapter? I have seen these on a video or two?

I've also tried updating the firmware but the .zip file turns into a .bin file and is "not supported" on my completely updated 2018 macbook.

Would appreciate any and all advice for an inexperienced user such as myself. I came from using an mpc 1000, but got kind of sick of its interface and though the BB looked intuitive.

Thanks!

MIDI doesn't output an audio signal. Try plugging the audio output/s from your hardware into the audio IN jack on blackbox instead. You may need a stereo splitter cable to record both the L and R channels at once. To update, simply copy the .bin file to your micro SD card and hold down the "back" and "info" buttons when powering blackbox on.

Comment

Originally posted by user00101 View Post

Would appreciate any and all advice
      Thanks!
      Hello! I’m just curious if you e had any luck? Is stuff working?

Comment

Working...
      X