BB midi Hosting & Volume Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB midi Hosting & Volume Range

Can the BB to host the midi controller to control other devices further down the line? For instance hypothetically I can map different midi Chan to each bank on the Nano kontrol. Can, does, will that send through? *maybe I have a setting wrong on my device

Also, when I map Volume to a fader of the Korg Nano kontrol 2 I do not get full range of volume.

Thank You.

The blackbox does not have a MIDI THRU. You can, however, pass MIDI messages through Pads that have an output assigned. I usually set the blackbox internal level (for pads that are mapped to external faders, etc) to -60dB. This gives the headroom needed to get a full range of amplitude from the control.

Comment

Ha, yes it is just a way through I was looking for.
      I got the headroom I needed. Thank You, I am more than satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve J View Post
        The blackbox does not have a MIDI THRU. You can, however, pass MIDI messages through Pads that have an output assigned. I usually set the blackbox internal level (for pads that are mapped to external faders, etc) to -60dB. This gives the headroom needed to get a full range of amplitude from the control.
        So what you describe is actually a midi thru! And yes its useful but there has to be an option to turn it off. There are so many simple things missing from BBOX (that give a serious pita sometimes)!
        With the regard to midivol CC(No 7) it is always hardcoded to the sample Level but it can be disconnected! Nice option! However the Midipan(No 10) is always connected to mixer pan of the sample but there is no way to disconnect!! Not consistent.
        In my opinion the right approach would be to have the midi volume always affect Mixer volume like the midi pan does. The same applies for CC 91 and 93 which are absent. They should have been hardcoded to control delay and reverb sends. Really about that omission, are there any technical limitation for the fx sends or is it really another obvious omission?
        These kind of questions make me wonder sometimes, where is the right place to post , support or wishlist?

Comment

According to the spec., a thru port will pass all data, unchanged. That is not the case with the blackbox.

The Wish List thread is the best place for feature requests, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X