I really don’t know what I’m doing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don’t know what I’m doing??

I’m new to all this but can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Please see added picture. I’m trying to connect up all three, the Minibrute 2, L6 Helix Stomp and Blackbox, I’m hoping to use the BB for drum samples etc and the synth/keys of the Minibrute with added Fx from the helix.

I’m connecting from the master out of the Arturia Minibrute 2 to the Helix Stomp’s FX Left Mono input. Then from the headphone out of the Helix Stomp to input 1 of the BB (I’ve also tried the HX Stomp’s Left Mono output)
    Basically I can hear the BB via the BB headphone out but I can’t hear the Minibrute 2 Synth or the added fx from the Helix stomp. Can anyone guide me in the right direction? help greatly appreciated. There’s the global settings in the stomp where I can change the ins/outs to instrument or line but not really sure if it’s this?

Ok you need to route the AM2 into the Helix and then use the stereo out of the Helix to the input on the BB which you seem to have done. Now go into a pad and record a new file so you can get to the monitoring settings and turn that to ON instead of auto or off. Now you should hear the input all the time regardless if you want to record a new sample or not.

But to get this working optimally you will need to hook them up via midi to sync them as well.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi there, thank you for the info, when you mention ‘stereo out’ do you mean ‘headphone out’ or ‘send stereo‘ on the helix apologies for vagueness.. I’m kind of still struggling to get this all connected up at the moment

Comment

Left/Right output at the back would be my choice so a left / Right jack cable to 3.5mm stereo jack.

https://www.thomann.de/se/cordial_cfy_15_wpp.htm

Comment

Thanks again will try that!!

Comment

Working...
          X