Cannot get multisamples to function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get multisamples to function

Driving myself bonkers, please help. So, I'm just trying to create simple multisample patches sampling directly into the Blackbox itself. Here's what I do, for example:

1) Create a new preset 'X'
    2) Sample a sound at 4 different octaves and tag the root note accordingly = 4 pads with a sample on it, each saved with root note info: C2, C3, C4, C5
    3) Open new preset to "Load All" from the folder with the 4 samples onto a Pad
    4) Expect to get a nicely interpolated multisample patch across the keyboard. Instead, every time (I've tried with several samplesets, with different naming, all for sure with the root note info saved),

What happens is that the 4 Samples get mapped chromatically from C2-D#2, and then pitched across the rest of key range picking up at E2 based off of only the first sample with root note C2.

I have followed a couple of multisampling youtube tutorials to a T and keep getting the same results. I am now running firmware 1.5.1. Save me!

In step 2, make sure you Save the WAV file after setting the root note to embed the root into the WAV file.

You could also try the multisample tool in version 1.5.J to do this in a more automated way.

Comment

• Bleebox
      Bleebox commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply, Aaron. That's exactly what I did and have been doing, as noted in step 2: " 4 pads with a sample on it, each saved with root note info: C2, C3, C4, C5"

And to double check, I have pulled each individual sample onto a pad in a new preset to check if the root note info had been saved, which it has. That's why it's driving me totally bananas! Any other suggestions?

While the 1.5.J may be viable moving forward, I have created a lot of multisamples onboard the Blackbox already that I'd like to be able to use as such. I have followed the protocol exactly. Sample, Rename and Save with Root Note info, and yet when i "Load All" (example as per original post) it simply maps the samples chromatically from C2, and then pitches based off the first sample across the rest of the keys. Very frustrating. I love the BB, but this has got me pretty exasperated as this is my main use for it. Does the renaming of the sample have anything to do with it? ie.-is there a naming convention that is recommended? Thanks for your help

• menuetbabel
      menuetbabel commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I had exactly the same problem and send a mail to 1010 ... they said they're working on this problem

• menuetbabel
      menuetbabel commented
      Editing a comment
      Anyway ! I recommend you to send your multisample folder to their mail adress precising that detail of the first sample across rest of the blank keys

Originally posted by Bleebox View Post
    Driving myself bonkers, please help. So, I'm just trying to create simple multisample patches sampling directly into the Blackbox itself. Here's what I do, for example:

1) Create a new preset 'X'
    2) Sample a sound at 4 different octaves and tag the root note accordingly = 4 pads with a sample on it, each saved with root note info: C2, C3, C4, C5
    3) Open new preset to "Load All" from the folder with the 4 samples onto a Pad
    4) Expect to get a nicely interpolated multisample patch across the keyboard. Instead, every time (I've tried with several samplesets, with different naming, all for sure with the root note info saved),

What happens is that the 4 Samples get mapped chromatically from C2-D#2, and then pitched across the rest of key range picking up at E2 based off of only the first sample with root note C2.

I have followed a couple of multisampling youtube tutorials to a T and keep getting the same results. I am now running firmware 1.5.1. Save me!
    What do you use to set the root note info. I tried Sample Robot but it's annoying for me ... I just want to basically take a file and do it by hand sample by sample

Comment

The filename is not taken into consideration when building out a multisample. We therefore don't have a naming practice. The key piece of data is an embedded tag (WAV smpl chunk) that indicates the root note.

If you have a set that won't load, we would be happy to take a look. The simpler the better--something like 4 samples would be great. Feel free to post a link or email us.

Thank you.

Comment

This is all very frustrating I tried all day to multi-sample no dice

Comment

Working...
        X