Screen at an angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen at an angle

I just had my Blackbox delivered last week. Serial number 2001001543. The screen is at an angle and it looks like a manufacturing defect. I only noticed it today. Is this normal?

My screen is straight. Looks irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by sydilaxe View Post
      I just had my Blackbox delivered last week. Serial number 2001001543. The screen is at an angle and it looks like a manufacturing defect. I only noticed it today. Is this normal?
      did you find a solution ? please keep us informed if you have so news.

Comment

I just wanted to check here first before e-mailing 1010music directly. I am interested in how they will handle this (as I am in Canada and I will connect with my vendor as well). I will keep everyone updated on my support experience.

All the best,

Comment

Mine is the same - it frustrates me

Comment

I used the support e-mail form on the website and received a quick response from Aaron and the Blackbox team. They were great in providing support options (ranging from a replacement to a self-repair option). I opted to fix it myself as I am technically inclined and cross border shipping is a challenge right now with Covid. While this was an ideal solution for me, it may not work for others and there is a risk of damaging your Blackbox and I would not recommend this unless you have proper tools and experience. My first recommendation is to reach out to the Blackbox team as they are very willing to support their product and quality control. I won't be posting the steps here as I don't want to encourage others to risk damaging such a great piece of kit; however, the response from the 1010music team with quick and stellar.

Comment

While you were in there... any room left for a small powerbank?

Comment

Originally posted by HprFcs View Post
                While you were in there... any room left for a small powerbank?
                Hahaha... it is tightly packed. The PCB covers the whole expanse of the case, so even the thinnest cell phone battery would be a challenge and it would right up against the components. With the power draw of the BB, I don't think it would add any value. Plus, if it heats up, it might damage something. External power banks are where it is at. I accidentally left my Anker on last night and the BB was still on this morning with more than half the power bank charge left. These things can go for a long time...

Comment

Hahaha... it is tightly packed. The PCB covers the whole expanse of the case, so even the thinnest cell phone battery would be a challenge and it would right up against the components. With the power draw of the BB, I don't think it would add any value. Plus, if it heats up, it might damage something. External power banks are where it is at. I accidentally left my Anker on last night and the BB was still on this morning with more than half the power bank charge left. These things can go for a long time...
                  Yeah I figured as much. I’m still thinking about making sime kind of enclosure/attachment for the BB with a powerbank in it. I don’t like having stuff dangling from the BB when using it outside.

Thanks!

Comment

i just got my brandnew blackbox and have the same display issue. do you mind sending me the instructions to fix it?

Comment

• Steve
                      Steve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Please use the Contact Us form on our website for help with this particular issue.

If you just received a new box, I would not reccomend to try to fix this yourself without contacting 1010music. As sydilaxe mentioned, there is a certain risk to damage the unit if it is not done properly. Contacting Aaron and the team should be the first step.

Comment

First step should be contacting support. As I mentioned, I am not posting instructions on this forum as I don’t believe in bypassing the proper channels for product support. It is hard to run a small company and manage product development, production, sales, and post sales support. I give 1010music a lot of props for balancing all this while listening and responding to our constant wish list requests. Hats off to them.

Comment

Hey everybody,

of course at first i am waiting for an official support response.

Working with electronics / assembly since i was a little boy... so no problems in this area

Have a good weekend and stay safe.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. Max, you should have just received something from us. Take care

Comment

Just recieved mine today and has the same screen installation issues described by others here. Will reach out to support and see what can be done. Loving the BB so far but my OCD can't take it!

Comment

Working...
                            X