No announcement yet.

Flickering screen at lowest brightness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flickering screen at lowest brightness.

Hi, I find the screen too bright even at 0%, but leaving it few minutes later the backlight start flickering, like not having enough power. Only set brightness above around 1.8% seems to stop the flickering. So can you ook into this, maybe a firmware fix? Thx.

which version firmware are you using?

Comment

Mine flickers at lowest on 1.6 (1.5.J) as well.

Comment

how are you (both) powering your blackbox?

Mine is almost always at 0% brightness and turned on most of the workday.

Comment

With the included powersupply and cable, with another cable and phonecharger +5V/2.5A, with laptop usb and with xbox1x usb etc. on fresh out of box 1.06, 1.43, 1.51 and latest 1.5.J.
          It must be under 1.8% brightness, should be very simple fix, increase the minimum voltage treshold at 0% brightness firmware setting.

Comment

Yeah mine flickers at minimum brightness, I've only taken it down that low once when I was using it in a very dark space. I've seen a few displays do that when the power is greatly reduced. I just turned it up a bit and it was fine again.

I'm running 1.51 with the included power supply.

Comment

I can confirm this behavior on firmware 1.5.1. At first, 0% looks just fine, then several seconds later, the flickering starts at irregular intervals. As soon as you raise above 2%, the flickering stops for good.

Comment

Agreed, that occurred on day 1 last week. When set to 0 (zero) brightness on firmware 1.5.1. It started about 5 minutes after I set it to zero. But as stated above, if you set it close to 2% it goes away.

I was powered using the provided cable into a Mophie- Powerstation XXL 20,000 mAh Portable Charger
                Last edited by Future Customer; 06-29-2020, 07:47 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the powering situation

Comment

We are looking at this now. However, please keep in mind that we use PWM to adjust screen brightness so there could very well be issues at the lowest extreme. Stay tuned.....

Comment

Working...
                  X