Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressing pad twice causes re-trigger instead of stop (setting is "toggle")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressing pad twice causes re-trigger instead of stop (setting is "toggle")

Also an intermittent bug i found this week, some days it happens and other days not.

Firmware 1.6.5
    • Pad is loaded with a large audio file. It is in Clip mode, Sync is set to Slice, Launchmode = Toggle
    • Press pad once, it plays. Press it again, it stops. (correct)
    • But sometimes instead of stopping, it is retriggered. It seems like playback starts again, slightly out of sync, and it appears to be a 2nd instance of the file is playing on top of the first one that was meant to have stopped. I detected this because the 2nd instance clashes rhythmically with the first instance, also there is a phasing sound typical when 2 identical files are overlaid. Volume is also much louder than should be for that pad
    It was first detected with the microSD that the BB came shipped with; so I ordered a sandisk replacement but the problem continued on the new card.

are the pads in question set to Mono or Poly?

Comment

All pads set to Mono

Comment

Yea i'm getting mad phasing / non-monophonic behaviour in monophonic slice mode. Currently 100% unusable tbh. Happens in every permutation / combination of slice seq and normal seq, except when 'loop' is set on, in which case the pad actually becomes monophonic.

Comment

OK I've been playing with this all day and seems the only way to avoid unwanted polyphony/phasing in slice mode is to turn 'loop' on, which is not workable as then the last slice keeps playing after u turn the seq off. I believe this is a bug that's unique to the latest release. Any ideas?

Comment

OK the only way I've got round this is by rolling all the way back to 1.4.3 which doesn't recognise any of the presets i built under 1.5+ errrrr

Comment

• ukaeatech
              ukaeatech commented
              Editing a comment
              OK cool cheers i will hang tite on 1.4.3 for now. Even in this 'ware I am still getting the above-described phasing on would-be overlapping slices in mono mode, just over the first few ms of the transient of the subsequent slice, unless I set release to flat zero. Would be handy to be able to set some release time on slices, so u don't always just get a jarring stop when the slices end in gaps/rests, ie when they aren't contiguous/overlapping. Would you say this is a possibility or is it just not a go-er within the constricts of the architecture? Thanks again!
              Last edited by ukaeatech; 10-18-2020, 06:00 AM.

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              Almost anything is possible and that would be a great little feature. No promises, but I will pass that along to the right people.

• ukaeatech
              ukaeatech commented
              Editing a comment
              OK amazing thanks!

Originally posted by stormfield View Post
            Also an intermittent bug i found this week, some days it happens and other days not.

Firmware 1.6.5
            • Pad is loaded with a large audio file. It is in Clip mode, Sync is set to Slice, Launchmode = Toggle
            • Press pad once, it plays. Press it again, it stops. (correct)
            • But sometimes instead of stopping, it is retriggered. It seems like playback starts again, slightly out of sync, and it appears to be a 2nd instance of the file is playing on top of the first one that was meant to have stopped. I detected this because the 2nd instance clashes rhythmically with the first instance, also there is a phasing sound typical when 2 identical files are overlaid. Volume is also much louder than should be for that pad
            It was first detected with the microSD that the BB came shipped with; so I ordered a sandisk replacement but the problem continued on the new card.
            What are your ADSR settings?

Comment

Working...
            X