Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressing pad twice causes re-trigger instead of stop (setting is "toggle")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ukaeatech
    commented on 's reply
    OK amazing thanks!

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Almost anything is possible and that would be a great little feature. No promises, but I will pass that along to the right people.

• ukaeatech
    commented on 's reply
    OK cool cheers i will hang tite on 1.4.3 for now. Even in this 'ware I am still getting the above-described phasing on would-be overlapping slices in mono mode, just over the first few ms of the transient of the subsequent slice, unless I set release to flat zero. Would be handy to be able to set some release time on slices, so u don't always just get a jarring stop when the slices end in gaps/rests, ie when they aren't contiguous/overlapping. Would you say this is a possibility or is it just not a go-er within the constricts of the architecture? Thanks again!
    Last edited by ukaeatech; 10-18-2020, 07:00 AM.

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    I found it and am thinking there is either a retriggering of the note or the envelope. That should be enough to track this down and fix it. Thanks for the detailed information here - it made the difference.

• ukaeatech
    commented on 's reply
    But yeah I see why you ask about the release time: even on 1.4.3 I was getting a slight bit of a phasing/constructive interference-type sound on the transient of the subsequent slice when I had the release set to 20ms, still with the pad in mono. It was consistent tho and I quickly figured out that the release was overlapping the subsequent transient, and that setting release to zero was the only way to give me a proper monophonic function here, as in that a slice is fully muted by the subsequent one, with retriggered env and no sound overlap. Is this just how it works? Cos it's pretty jarring to have zero release when there's a rest/gap in the beat with no adjoining slice to seamlessly take over.

This is definitely distinct from the behaviour in 1.5+ tho, where, as I say, the phasing/interference sound is weirdly intermittent and continues for, as far as I can tell, the whole of the slice. BTW, I suppose as to be expected, this is most evident when chopping up some precise, harmonically repetitious waveforms, ie hard gabber or techno kicks, rather than on harmonically chaotic/noisy/more blendable stuff like distorted amens.

Cheers so much for looking into this anyway man, much appreciated!
    Last edited by ukaeatech; 10-15-2020, 04:42 AM.

• ukaeatech
    commented on 's reply
    Zero attack, zero decay, zero release, 100% sustain
    As far as I can tell it's an actual audio AND envelope retrigger, even in monophonic mode.
    As I perceive it the phasing continues for the entire subsequent note, or at least most of it; that's why I assume it's analogous to Stormfield's bug
    Last edited by ukaeatech; 10-15-2020, 04:41 AM.

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    What are your ADSR settings on that pad?

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by stormfield View Post
    Also an intermittent bug i found this week, some days it happens and other days not.

Firmware 1.6.5
    • Pad is loaded with a large audio file. It is in Clip mode, Sync is set to Slice, Launchmode = Toggle
    • Press pad once, it plays. Press it again, it stops. (correct)
    • But sometimes instead of stopping, it is retriggered. It seems like playback starts again, slightly out of sync, and it appears to be a 2nd instance of the file is playing on top of the first one that was meant to have stopped. I detected this because the 2nd instance clashes rhythmically with the first instance, also there is a phasing sound typical when 2 identical files are overlaid. Volume is also much louder than should be for that pad
    It was first detected with the microSD that the BB came shipped with; so I ordered a sandisk replacement but the problem continued on the new card.
    What are your ADSR settings?

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the details. I will look at this today.

• ukaeatech
    replied
    OK the only way I've got round this is by rolling all the way back to 1.4.3 which doesn't recognise any of the presets i built under 1.5+ errrrr

Leave a comment:

• ukaeatech
    replied
    OK I've been playing with this all day and seems the only way to avoid unwanted polyphony/phasing in slice mode is to turn 'loop' on, which is not workable as then the last slice keeps playing after u turn the seq off. I believe this is a bug that's unique to the latest release. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• ukaeatech
    replied
    Yea i'm getting mad phasing / non-monophonic behaviour in monophonic slice mode. Currently 100% unusable tbh. Happens in every permutation / combination of slice seq and normal seq, except when 'loop' is set on, in which case the pad actually becomes monophonic.

Leave a comment:

• stormfield
    replied
    All pads set to Mono

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    are the pads in question set to Mono or Poly?

Leave a comment:

• Pressing pad twice causes re-trigger instead of stop (setting is "toggle")

Also an intermittent bug i found this week, some days it happens and other days not.

Firmware 1.6.5
    • Pad is loaded with a large audio file. It is in Clip mode, Sync is set to Slice, Launchmode = Toggle
    • Press pad once, it plays. Press it again, it stops. (correct)
    • But sometimes instead of stopping, it is retriggered. It seems like playback starts again, slightly out of sync, and it appears to be a 2nd instance of the file is playing on top of the first one that was meant to have stopped. I detected this because the 2nd instance clashes rhythmically with the first instance, also there is a phasing sound typical when 2 identical files are overlaid. Volume is also much louder than should be for that pad
    It was first detected with the microSD that the BB came shipped with; so I ordered a sandisk replacement but the problem continued on the new card.
Working...
X