Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multisample wrong notes

hey,

I have a problem, I load a multisample pack, let's say a violin, into the blackbox.

I have like 15 sampled notes which are named like

a3
    a4
    a5
    a6
    c3
    c4
    c5

and so on.

When loading the sample pack i cannot get chromatic playing on the keyboard and wrong notes get played, like there will sound an D note although it should be a C note or there is a way too high pitched note following the note beforehand (like I play a c3 and then there should be c#3 but it plays a d4 for example)

I tried using less samples, more samples, nothing seems to help, especially the wrong assignment of notes on the keyboard is really annoying.

Any idea?

Version 1.6.4

hey,

I have a problem, I load a multisample pack, let's say a violin, into the blackbox.

I have like 15 sampled notes which are named like

a3
    a4
    a5
    a6
    c3
    c4
    c5

and so on.

When loading the sample pack i cannot get chromatic playing on the keyboard and wrong notes get played, like there will sound an D note although it should be a C note or there is a way too high pitched note following the note beforehand (like I play a c3 and then there should be c#3 but it plays a d4 for example)

I tried using less samples, more samples, nothing seems to help, especially the wrong assignment of notes on the keyboard is really annoying.

Any idea?

Version 1.6.4

Comment

Same problem here. I'm listening.

Comment

Found it!:

It's here at the 5' minute mark.

Comment

so do I need to choose my lowest note as the root note and everything else works automatically?

Comment

You set the Root Note parameter because the blackbox does not perform any type of pitch analysis. So this is how you tell the device about the original pitch of the wave file.

The Root Note is where that particular wav is pinned, at its original pitch. For example, you can have a chromatic octave of bass synth from only 4 notes. The blackbox will use the wave with the nearest Root Note and pitch bend accordingly. In this example, each sample is bent only a few semitones in order to reproduce the best output.

Comment

Working...
            X