Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost in the Sequencer

Hi,

Been facing some ghosting in the sequencer, on steps. The main sequencer display shows the notes added but when inside the particular sequence the notes are invisible on the steps. On play the sequencer manages to play those ghost notes but i cannot visually see them or arrange them in any way.

have tried, switching to another preset and load the ghost preset again to find no change, switched off the bb and reboot again. The problem persists.

once inside the sequence, on tapping to the region particularly where ghost notes are not visible it always jumps back to the first note on the screen. The only way i could workaround was clearing the sequence, and many times the clear function on the main scree still shows few ghost notes within. Clearing a couple of times would wipe off.

what could be the problem here ? Is anyone else having this issue ? It is quite frustrating, since there is a hanging doubt or fear if the sequencer fails at registering notes.

Thanks,
    D.

Are you able to switch between the PADS and KEYS screens inside a sequence cell?

Comment

• Kaaareeegar
      Kaaareeegar commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, if i remember correctly. I was able to shift between the two.

There is a limit to the number of steps that are visible in a given sequence. Try splitting some of it into a different sequence. This has come up a couple of times recently.

Comment

• Kaaareeegar
      Kaaareeegar commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I havent had similar issue since then. But can you detail a bit about your reply ? Technically i did not understand. Where exactly would be limit in visibility for the steps ? On the main sequence screen or inside the sequence ? Inside the sequence i cannot see the notes registered though the sequence would play them. How should i split it exactly to check ?

The issue is that you can't see all of the notes when viewing the sequence in the sequence editor. You can reduce the number of notes in a sequence by "splitting" it in the following ways:
    1. Use a different sequence for each pad.
    2. Create shorter sequences and create more sequences. You can use song mode to trigger sequences in a specified order.
    3. Create two sequences that run at the same time and that are the same length, but put notes for first half of time length in the first sequence and the notes for the second half of the time length in the second sequence. For example, if you have a sequence that is 128 bars long, create two sequences. The first sequence only has notes in the first 64 bars. The second sequence only has notes in the last 64 bars.

Comment

• Kaaareeegar
      Kaaareeegar commented
      Editing a comment
      Great makes sense, thank you. I shall try this workflow. Sounds better already.

• tumble2k
      tumble2k commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah that might explain why there's a limit on the number of steps in a sequence and why simply increasing the step limit above 128 is not as simple as it might seem... Honestly I am hoping that someday you can increase the step limit. It will make the Blackbox much more suitable for classical music.
      Last edited by tumble2k; 03-19-2021, 10:55 AM. Reason: removed extra "someday"

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      tumble2k make sure to update to the latest firmware. The max steps have increased to 256.
Working...
X