Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New User struggling to understand 'clean' (1.6.5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User struggling to understand 'clean' (1.6.5)

Trying here too. I'm on version 1.6.5, brand new machine.

Is there a bug in the Clean process? I just tried it and half the wavs that were allocated to pads have been deleted. Prior to the Clean operation I had a lot of unallocated files I wanted to delete without doing each individually. I first verified all pads were triggering the samples I wanted to keep then took the Clean option. However, when I look in the folder, only 6 of the 12 wavs used by the pads are still there. The pads still point to their names even though they no longer exist. This was my first song and it's a bit disheartening to lose it. Would appreciate a reply.

While here, I guess I'm early for a feature request - but I'd sure love to be able to type in a specific number of bars or steps to record. I often like to record 12 bars or sequences of 7 or 5 notes.

For the latter issue, this is totally doable. You can set the loop length which means the record will be at that length. In one of the screens you’ll need to change the steps too, so that it editable in a reasonable way (a division of your recorded loop length). The instruction manual Online has These (loop length settings and step settings). For 12 bars I’d probably do 12 bars and a higher step length like 32 or 64.

The earlier issue I’m not sure I understand sorry. If no one else helps and you get desperate you can DM me.

Comment

Originally posted by robertdryer View Post
      For the latter issue, this is totally doable. You can set the loop length which means the record will be at that length. In one of the screens you’ll need to change the steps too, so that it editable in a reasonable way (a division of your recorded loop length). The instruction manual Online has These (loop length settings and step settings). For 12 bars I’d probably do 12 bars and a higher step length like 32 or 64.

The earlier issue I’m not sure I understand sorry. If no one else helps and you get desperate you can DM me.
      Cheers, so just to be clear, I'm recording a clip - an audio loop - not creating a sequence. I only see sample lengths of custom and various 1, 2,4, bars etc. Loop length appears to be measured in samples, not steps or bars, so I can't quite see how that can be used, unless I was making a sequence. Apologies if I'm missing obvious stuff.

The earlier issue is pointing out that, although I was using 12 pads, after the 'clean' process only 6 of the Wav files remained in the song folder. It had therefore cleaned away audio I had recorded and needed and expected to be still there. Clean is supposed to remove unused audio, not used audio.

Comment

FYI just had a bit of time for testing and I'm fairly sure the Clean process is buggy. On this occasion I saved my project as a copy first so when I tried Clean I wouldn't lose anything important. This clean erased wavs being used by pads 3 and 7, as well as those it was supposed to. Guess I'll leave it alone for now.

Comment

Thanks for reporting this. I will have a look.

Comment

Can you tell me more about how you created your preset folder and sounds? Feel free to message me privately or email us at [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Can you tell me more about how you created your preset folder and sounds? Feel free to message me privately or email us at [email protected]
              Cheers Steve, email sent

Comment

Working...
              X