Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emji_herara
    replied
    Hi all, bumping this as I'm interested if anyone has used the toraiz squid with the bb? It looks like a great sequencer to me and also has 4x4 pads.

Btw another one that I used recently which is definitely good is the M-audio trigger finger pro. It has 16 pads, but you can also do great x0x-style sequencing on it.

Leave a comment:

• robertdryer
    commented on 's reply
    Thnx! Appreciate it. Sounds interesting

• ___W01f
    replied
    Originally posted by robertdryer View Post
    I meant step editing in the Blackbox’s sequencer. So so true live midi control of what’s on screen on the Blackbox. This does that too?
    Controlling the BB pads with Pyramid works really well. If you want to control the BB sequencer with another sequencer, it gets tricky. It's possible, but depending on your project it can get quite complicated and messy.
    I highly recommend using just Pyramid to sequence your BB pads, it's an awesome device.
    If I want to sequence chords, patterns, etc. resampling a sequence on BB works great for me.
    Last edited by ___W01f; 02-02-2021, 01:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• joaoorecchia
    commented on 's reply
    I think I get what you're asking now. You want to work with the BB sequencer but using an external controller? In my case I bypass the BB sequencer altogether by using an external sequencer (Pyramid).

• joaoorecchia
    commented on 's reply
    You can create sequences in the Pyramid up to 64 tracks, with different parts. It's very flexible. For example, I use 5 tracks for triggering drums hits in BB, another track sequences chords on a single BB pad running a single cycle waveform, another track sends triggers on 4 notes (via CV.OCD) to 4 different eurorack modules. I still have 4 other tracks sending note, velocity and gate out to the modular. And sometimes I still use Pyramid's cv outs to sequence another channel on the modular. And I'm barely touching Pyramid's capabilities.

• robertdryer
    replied
    @apaculunch just checked it out. Super nice. Way more that I’m looking for but tempting!

Leave a comment:

• robertdryer
    replied
    I meant step editing in the Blackbox’s sequencer. So so true live midi control of what’s on screen on the Blackbox. This does that too?

Leave a comment:

• alpacalunch
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, definitely possible to edit steps in the sequencer, that's what it's best at. I'm not sure exactly the workflow you have in mind, so maybe checking out the manual for Step Mode would be easiest.

https://squarp.net/pyramid/manual/modestep

• robertdryer
    commented on 's reply
    How about step editing in the sequencer? I’m looking to step edit and trigger with a controller to be specific.

• robertdryer
    commented on 's reply
    If you can create a sequence with it let me know. I am particularly interest if there’s a way to write notes in the sequencer grid page with a controller.

• robertdryer
    commented on 's reply
    Can you use it to sequence notes into a sequencer or does it only trigger sequences?

• alpacalunch
    replied
    Another vote for the Squarp Pyramid. It's able to sequence many MIDI channels without a ton of work, which will come in handy for triggering some pads while also playing some pads chromatically.

Leave a comment:

• jpablo91
    replied
    launchpad pro mk3 is pretty good. It only has 4 channels, but still you can use the custom modes to program change, launch clips or sequences recorded in the blackbox internal sequencer.

Leave a comment:

• joaoorecchia
    replied
    I use the Squarp Pyramid and I think it works great. Black Box even powers the Pyramid through the host port. I haven't even looked at the sequencer section on the Black Box.

Leave a comment:

• robertdryer
    started a topic MIDI sequencer that works well with Blackbox

MIDI sequencer that works well with Blackbox

What’s the best midi sequencer for Blackbox? Is there one that works with the sequence page or is that not an option? Little screen is kinda touchy lol
Working...
X