Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.7.x Update Query

Hi,
    I am considering to update bb to its current beta version. Though, i am in a middle of a session and afraid to update from the same memory card. Since i am on 1.6.5 and in my setup it is working perfectly fine, so i do not want to inturrupt my sessions currently and thinking of updating by mid january. Meanwhile i feel the new overall improvements with the update seems fantastic and quite a few features from it will be of good option to experiment with. Very tempting to update.

I have a spare new memory card, what if i update the firmware from it and my currently in use memory card leave it as it is?? Once the update completes healthily i can resume working on the sessions ? I do not want to transfer backup files currently and attempt update from the same card, afraid to imagine it may introduce glitches if at all.

am considering, to go with a few suggestions. Should i wait ?? or go ahead and update through a fresh new card and then resume ??

Thank you.
    Best.

You can have a new sdcard with the 1.7x version to enjoy the features and keep v 1.6.5 on your current sdcard.

You just need to think about downgrading to v1.6.5 when inserting your old card by having the Back and Info buttons pressed.

Also consider packing all your projects if you want to try them on the new sdcard.
    Last edited by jayneural; 12-27-2020, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Kaaareeegar
      Kaaareeegar commented
      Editing a comment
      Co spider packing would be useful to try first. Best.

• jayneural
      jayneural commented
      Editing a comment
      If you want to be 100% safe, every time you swap cards, use BACK+INFO to get to the appropriate firmware version. Each sd having its own version of BLACKBOX.BIN file.

Co spider was a typo as you guess I’ve fixed it.

• Kaaareeegar
      Kaaareeegar commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect. Thank you.

Just updating the post /

Did a firmware update as suggested above. Works perfect. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X