Still no MIDI Out via USB on 1.7.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no MIDI Out via USB on 1.7.4

I'm using a Keystep and am still not getting MIDI out via USB at all. With 1.7.4 the Blackbox recognizes MIDI in from the Keystep, which it didn't on 1.7.3, but still sends nothing out, not even clock.

I had reverted to 1.6.5 to try and get MIDI functionality back after 1.7.3, and somehow the MIDI problem remained even on the older firmware.

Blackbox doesn’t support midi out over usb.

Comment

• Rmg____
      Rmg____ commented
      Editing a comment
      from 1.74 release notes:
      Version 1.7.4 fixes the following:
      USB MIDI output does not work

Steve
    Does the blackbox support MIDI out over USB now?

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      It works for me using my KeyStep Pro. I am able to send/receive both MIDI note information and Sync over USB.

We successfully tested clock out via USB on 1.7.4. I'm not so sure about the other types of messages.

Previously, MIDI out via USB was not available on 1.7.x.

What are you trying on the KeyStep?

Comment

I'm using a regular Keystep with the latest firmware and the Blackbox on 1.7.4.

I've tried every configuration I can think of, different USB cables, etc.. I'm trying to upload a video. I had been using the Keystep and Blackbox together this way for a long time.

When 1.7 had no MIDI communication whatsoever via USB on 1.7, I went back to 1.6.5 and the problem was still there. Now the Blackbox recognizes incoming MIDI notes but not clock from the Keystep, and does not send anything out.

Comment

Update: It's working now!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Excited to take advantage of 1.7.4

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          Curious....what did you do to get it working?

• scottp
          scottp commented
          Editing a comment
          I started over completely. Re-installed 1.7.4 and switched to totally different USB cables for power and connection to the keystep. I did it all at once so I don't know what specifically fixed it but it is working as it should now and I appreciate it.
      Working...
      X