Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device flash all buttons and goes off tempo when playing pattern with just midi data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two more VERY important questions: Are you using the stock MicroSD card or did you replace it with a higher speed card? Is the power cable you are using the original USB cable that came with the Blackbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Villainmedia
      There seems to be very little support of the box on this forum anyway, going through a lot of the threads and very little in the way of answers or response . Documentation is vague. Videos online even the Looppop one is pretty basic, I’m trying to figure out how to adjust tempo for recording a sample and apparently need to go into song mode to adjust it there you’d think you’d be able to adjust the metro rate in the sample page. For something that’s praised as being basic and self explanatory there sure are a lot of holes for this broken brain anyway.
      It is a niche product in the end; for the price you can get something like an MPC, so it is natural that you don't see much in terms of chatting around. Also my understanding is that the company is quite small, so I am OK with slow response, because that is partially expected. BTW support contacted me the day after and is working with me to try to figure this out; so that is encouraging, considering the sticker price of this device, and the fact that I barely used it at all.

As far as youtubers; as you already know; they just make videos to help sell devices; it is the equivalent of the old school magazines doing reviews to show you new gear, so I am not surprised that once they get the review out of their way, they move on. The blackbox is fairly straightforward, except for some design decisions that I do not comprehend; but it is not my product, so when I tried it out I thought that I can live with such idiosyncrasies.

Comment

Originally posted by sydilaxe View Post
        Two more VERY important questions: Are you using the stock MicroSD card or did you replace it with a higher speed card? Is the power cable you are using the original USB cable that came with the Blackbox?
        Heh, the original card went in the bin as soon as I saw it; I use a XC 1 card; which is plenty for most of my hardware (DSLR cameras, single board computers, other grooveboxes, gaming console), so I would assume it should be plenty for the blackbox too. The only thing faster is XC 2; which is used in video recorder devices... I can get one no problem, but it is quite an overkill. As I explained the agent that is helping me; I tried different cards from different manufacturers, and there is no difference.

Power has been questioned too, if you look few posts behind, you will find that someone already brought up the power topic, and sadly, that is not the issue either. So, yes, tried different power sources, beside the one included with the device, without noticing any difference.

Comment

If you have support working on this with you, then you are in good hands. Maybe if you send them a copy of the project that you are working with, they can replicate the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sydilaxe View Post
            If you have support working on this with you, then you are in good hands. Maybe if you send them a copy of the project that you are working with, they can replicate the issue.
            Agree; I sent them videos, this thread and the project. I even tried the project on a empty sd card and it was reproducing the issue. If they can't reproduce, clearly my device is broken

Comment

Just checking where we are at with the troubleshooting of this issue. I have been stuck for 2 weeks with this problem, and if this is not going to be solved, I am afraid I will need to buy another device to get going with my project, and it is not an easy feat for me to shed another 800 dollars for another groovebox, so I really hope I can continue using the blackbox

Comment

Aaron is there any update on this? I did not receive any update from Steve in the past month or so.

I need to know if I have to look to a different device, if the Blackbox is not able to play multiple samples as advertised, or if this is a defective unit and need to be fixed. I am still under warranty so would be appreciated to get support before my warranty expire, considering I reported the issue quite some time ago. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X