Midi In via USB Device In doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi In via USB Device In doesn't work

Hi, maybe i`m just too dumb to see it, but i can't figure out how to send midi notes from an Arturia Keystep or a Keith McMillen K-Board to the Blackbox.
    So i`ve set the send channel on the Keystep to 1 and the Midi In Channel on the Blackbox Pad that i want to play to 1. On the Tools Midi In Page, both Pads and Keys are set to OMNI.
    But the Pad just doesn't react to the Midi Notes that i play from the controller. But if i press start on the Keystep, the Blackbox will activate Play, so there is at least some Midi Data coming. Firmware is 1.7.4.
    The blackbox is a device that i bought used, but as all other functions seem to work, i don`t think that it`s a hardware fault.
    Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Please try version 1.7.D as we made some fixes to USB MIDI input

Comment

Thanks Aaron - same behaviour with 1.7d.
      Meanwhile i tried an Arturia Keystep. When i connect this then the Pads on the Keystep (set to CTRL mode) light up when i play the Pads on the Blackbox Display. Even when Midi Out is turned off for the Pads. So there seems to be some communication. Could this be a Hardware fault?

Comment

Please upgrade your KeyStep to firmware version 1.1 if you haven't already. We worked with them on a USB issue that they fixed. You could also try TRS MIDI instead.

Comment

Thanks again for your help. I don`t know what happened now but after loading up a preset from the factory content, this one plays fine now with USB midi - without changing anything on the Midi Controllers.
          I will do some further testing.
          Last edited by Tom Noise; 04-01-2021, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I had the exact same problem, out of the box, first thing upgraded firmware to 1.7.F. The BB ignored every midi note sent to it by my Keystep Pro, doesn't matter which channel or mode, both USB and standard 5PIN. Transport controls were working both ways. Serious doubts about my ability to connect a midi cable and enter a midi channel... After reading Tom Noise's comment I loaded a factory preset and voila, everything works. Very irritating. I hope this is a one-time glitch, does not increase the confidence in the reliability of the software right from the start. Will now continue to explore ;-)

Comment

Yep, fingers crossed - had no more issues with that ever since.

Comment

Working...
              X