Working with Slices on drumloop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with Slices on drumloop

Hi, I'm trying to get my head around slices on loops.

I have a drum loop loaded on one pad, its 2 bars long and set to 90bpm tempo (Project is also 90bpm).

When setting up the loop I load a Slice Grid with 16 slices, which would be every second step x 2 on the sequencer needs to be triggered if I have a 64 step sequence set up.

The problem is I can't get the sequence to play the slices as I put them on the piano roll, Only some sounds play and the rest is silence, what is the easiest step-by-step-way to make this work? It would be really nice to have the actual slices labeled on the piano roll.
    I try to use the pads (not keys) on the roll 1-16 but not all pads make sounds, I think there is something that I'm missing when setting up the loop/slices under the info-tabs, any suggestions?

Thanks J

Have you got launchmode set to gate?

Comment

Yeah, changed it to gate, but it only triggers on the C3/C4/C5 note on the piano roll and its always the sound from slice one?

Comment

When you slice your sample the first slice is key c2 then each subsequent slice will follow chromatically. Depending on how many slices you make determines what key the last slice lands on let’s say c3 just for arguments case. Each note above c3 will now just play the last slice regardless of what key you play. Hope this helps

Comment

Hi There,

when you press the "KEYS" button a second time, the Piano changes to a view more appropriate for slices. I prefer to use this mode and then record the sequence live. I use the piano roll of the sequence in this case just in order to correct odd timing.

Cheers,
          Dan Day

Comment

Originally posted by LanceRidler View Post
            When you slice your sample the first slice is key c2 then each subsequent slice will follow chromatically. Depending on how many slices you make determines what key the last slice lands on let’s say c3 just for arguments case. Each note above c3 will now just play the last slice regardless of what key you play. Hope this helps
            Thank you, was unsure where ’slice 1/slice 2’ and so forth started, made it alot easier!

Comment

Working...
            X