Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any indication on when all the 2.0 bugs will be fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Silence
    commented on 's reply
    It seems this could work with newer firmware. please have a read here https://op-forums.com/t/kenton-midi-...sb-hub/1966/10

• mweiler
    commented on 's reply
    Can you tell whether the kenton does support class compliant usb hubs connected to it, to plug in more than one device? The blackbox seems not to support usb hubs, which would be nice.

• Painting Silence
    commented on 's reply
    spot on. I have gotten hold of a Kenton USB midi host.. super reliable. One of these boxes everyone working with midi should have in their arsenal. There's cheaper options too and for this task probably sufficient, but Kenton is def the most stable out there and it's something you never want to sell again.

• mweiler
    commented on 's reply
    I guess it's an external powered USB midi to din midi interface, if such thing does exist ^^

• Painting Silence
    replied
    Good news! I found a 120€ solution to the midi to usb dropout issue. Can you guess what it is?

Leave a comment:

• Painting Silence
    replied
    Hi there,

any update as to when the midi over usb becomes unresponsive issue is going to be fixed? It is kind of a big one..

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    commented on 's reply
    You're saying you turn the knob and the MIDI channel shown onscreen does not change? Or what you see is not honored? Thank you.

• j3threejay
    replied
    Originally posted by j3threejay View Post
    Cannot change MIDI channel per pad
    When I got to change the MIDI input channel for the pad it will not allow me to change it whatsoever. Had to go back to V 1.7

Leave a comment:

• Painting Silence
    commented on 's reply
    I think this bug is related to midi clock start / stop commands. I have this with the adafruit neotrellis as well and it most definitely stops working after sending a midi start / stop command since FW 2.0.

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Can you elaborate?

• j3threejay
    replied
    Cannot change MIDI channel per pad

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    It wouldn't hurt to add the videos to this post if they are applicable. Otherwise, I need to search for them.

I get #1 because we are working on that. The best bug reports include either steps to reproduce (if available) or maybe a video.

Leave a comment:

• peachnoise
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Please also share the steps to reproduce each of those. Specifically.
    Hi Steve,

I've already uploaded all the videos regarding these issues to both Facebook and here in the appropriate threads. I can do more videos if you want. I I'll just leave the gopro recording and show you as these happen every session.

Edit: I'm going to make more videos tomorrow so come back then.
    Last edited by peachnoise; 11-23-2021, 06:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. I always appreciate this level of detail. have you done much to isolate the issue? meaning, remove one piece and see if the issue persists. Or, start with one connection and build until it fails. I get that it can be time-consuming to chase these things. I have an LPD-8 and want to try reproducing your setup as much as possible. How much triggering (tapping the pads) from the LPD-8 are you doing? Help me understand your workflow - even a short video. We had a similar issue in the bluebox and I'd like to see this solved.

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Can you post the link to the other thread? I remember this video and recall there was an issue...but I can't recall at the moment.
Working...
X