Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hold sample parameters when replacing sample on a pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flocon
    replied
    Meanwhile there is not any new function that allows you to keep your parameters while choosing another audio, maybe you can change your project tempo during your choosing time espacially if you have all the same tempo in your drum loops folder so in that way you can have an idea of how it will groove?

Leave a comment:

• ghostangle
    replied
    I agree that this is a very important issue and would argue that the default behavior should be that the params are retained. There could be an alternate function "clear params upon load" or whatnot...?

Leave a comment:

• Georges
    replied
    Maybe there could be a differentiation between recording a sample (anticipation) and loading a sample (status quo)? Just a thought …

Leave a comment:

• nobuyoshi
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    That sounds about right. I get that it is annoying. The software is trying to anticipate your next move and set up a toggled loop for you.

You may want to try the previewing built into the file browser. (Press the onscreen play button). That may make it easier for you.
    Unfortunately, the preview function doesn´t work for me - it´s apparently not tempo adaptive (song 150bpm + drumloop 98bpm => preview sounds messed-up), and not all sample triggering is right on the 1/4ths.

Actually, I think the way the software "anticipates my next move" is wrong: When I load sample 1, then change the launch mode to "gate", then decide to swap the sample to sample 2, why would that imply that I "probably want to start over with a different launch mode" (which I intentionally set to "gate" beforehand) again? Just in case you guys are still convinced that this is the right move ... would it make sense to have an option "reset sample parameters on sample replace"?

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    That sounds about right. I get that it is annoying. The software is trying to anticipate your next move and set up a toggled loop for you.

You may want to try the previewing built into the file browser. (Press the onscreen play button). That may make it easier for you.

Leave a comment:

• Hold sample parameters when replacing sample on a pad?

... so I just got my new Blackbox and I´m enjoying it a lot... mostly. Alas, this here is bugging me:

Say I have a drumloop on any given pad - I use clip mode, set the launch mode to "gate", and I set the quant size and sync parameters each to 1/16th. Every time I replace the sample (trying out different drum loops...), however, the launch mode automatically changes to "toggle" and the quant size to "1 bar". When auditioning 50, 60 drumloops in song context, that is quite annoying...

Am I doing something wrong here? I think that what I´m trying to do is pretty reasonable...
Working...
X