Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having issues with the microSD card, screen flickering, or a power cycling in a loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having issues with the microSD card, screen flickering, or a power cycling in a loop?

I spent some time troubleshooting issues with the SD card not being detected, the bb turning on and off in a loop, and the screen flickering - 3 separate problem, I thought. I had the bb plugged into a USB hub receiving bus power through the computer that the hub is plugged into. So, I powered the bb by plugging it into the wall, and voila! all of these issues disappeared. To verify that these issues were in fact related to the hub not transferring sufficient bus power to the bb, I then plugged it into a powered USB hub that has its own wall power and the device continued to work as expected. Finally, I plugged the BB directly into my PC, bypassing any type of hub, and the device continued to work as expected. My conclusion is that the blackbox was misbehaving due to insufficient voltage from the USB hub that it was initially plugged into.

So, check what you are plugged into, try wall power, or an isolated power bank - it makes a difference. This all covered in the troubleshooting guide on the troubleshooting page too so read the documentation! - I will... now.
    Last edited by jgartner; 01-05-2022, 06:26 PM.
    --
    Kind Regards, Jerry

Underpowering our devices can cause mayhem (well documented on this forum). A vast majority of the "weird" issues can be traced back to power. So far, the only two cables that carry our approval are the included cable and the Chroma cable by DJ Tech Tools. The Chroma cables work well, can be ordered in various colors, and with a right-angle USB B connector.
    We sell it here: https://1010music.com/product/chroma-cable
    You can find more colors on Amazon or the DJTT website.

Comment

Working...
    X