Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Load All' loads only one sample from the folder

Hi,

Just got the blackbox, trying to figure out how to load multisamples. I have a folder with samples which supposed to have root note tags written into them, i'm going into that folder and pressing 'load all' but blackbox always loads only one file. Thought maybe i'm supposed to select the files first somehow but i don't think there's a way...i'm attaching the zip file with the samples, maybe someone could take a look and tell me if it works for them, maybe something's wrong with the file names or whatever? Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1873...ew?usp=sharing

This loads as it should on my end. Here are two ways to verify

1. load a directory of samples that are not the same content (I use myself counting 1, 2, 3, 4). Play keys on your controller. It should be obvious how the wav files are mapped.

2. load any directory of samples, navigate to the waveform view of that pad, watch the actual waveform change as the blackbox switches to a new wave file. (This works with your set).

You only need to navigate to the directory and choose Load All. There are no further loading options. This video has more info about loading multisample sets on the blackbox.
    https://youtu.be/RERHQPz2rpc

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      This loads as it should on my end. Here are two ways to verify

1. load a directory of samples that are not the same content (I use myself counting 1, 2, 3, 4). Play keys on your controller. It should be obvious how the wav files are mapped.

2. load any directory of samples, navigate to the waveform view of that pad, watch the actual waveform change as the blackbox switches to a new wave file. (This works with your set).

You only need to navigate to the directory and choose Load All. There are no further loading options. This video has more info about loading multisample sets on the blackbox.
      https://youtu.be/RERHQPz2rpc
      Okey, you're right, it loads all the files, there's just no way to see them on the waveform screen unless they're triggered by sequence or by some controller which don't have, it just shows the first sound and that's it...

Thanks!

P.S. as a side note: great little box, but i'm shocked by the lack of usb midi input(from computer) and envelopes, these are such a basic things for a modern sampler to have...hopefully it's still work in progress.

Comment

You can send an internal sequence to an Mx pad to see all the waveforms - you can input whole notes and watch the waves change. It is not an overview of the entire set. The USB B is for power. This is intentional. Every pad has an ADSR in the Main settings.

If you look into our history you will see that all of our products are "works in progress" as we continue to add, fix, and make changes based on (in part) user requests, etc. We work on all of our current, active products. This will not change. That doesn't mean we will add every feature requested. But we listen. And we hear you!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Every pad has an ADSR in the Main settings.
          I meant filter envelopes most of all, or even better, assignable envelopes

In any case, thanks for clarifying!

Comment

Working...
          X