Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midi sync issues in latest firmware

i am trying to do a simple midy sync from ableton live in os x

resulting in stuttering p[layback and rebooting of the blackbox or a midi feedback loop

both inputs and outputs connected

anyone???

If both MIDI In and Out are connected you likely have a loop. We need more details to help you.

Comment

got it sorted. but to be really honest. it is no many options fragmented. why not dedicate one page to all midid settings ?

my point is also: it should be simple and just work:For me now, there are not enough options in global and too muich in pads and sequences. it should not be a puzzle like it feels now

Comment

Our MIDI implementation is intentional. For example, we do not offer a typical MIDI Thru. Have you found the ClockSource parameter? That setting can filter a clock source to avoid a loop.

Check out this video, if you haven't... It explains the larger picture of MIDI in the blackbox.
        https://youtu.be/ZAOaQvMR5uM

Comment

With any new piece of gear, there is going to be a small learning cure. How I setup midi on my Akai Force is drastically different from my Elektron Digitakt which is drastically different from my Korg Electribe which is drastically different from my BlackBox. All have different menu's, GUI's, and options, and all need a little practice, understanding, and experimenting to setup properly. I personally find the midi implementation to be a straightforward affair on the BlackBox.
          I use my BlackBox with Ableton everyday and it works as expected with no issues. Same with Apple's Logic and BitWig. I'm sure with a little more practice and experience you will have no problems. I certainly don't experience any problems from the 1010music device itself. Good luck and have fun fingering your box.

Comment

Right so

Call me nuts here but

Since updating to 2 i've had mad sync issues, clocks jumping like a madman when synced from opz. First time this has ever happened; previously was 100% rock solid. (btw no midi loops, checked all connections etc)

Just for the fuck of it i switched the clock source in Tools from midi-specific to any sync and then fired it some clock from the opz, same setup. Now it works perfectly. Errr haha does this make sense?! If anything i woulda thought it'd work better the other way round?!

Comment

I also would appreciate a proper midi menu
              Perhaps the 1010music team should drop everything they are currently working on and implement that for you? You know, for all the appreciation you are showing.

Do you have anything else you want to add to your list of features you want to make your BlackBox better for you?

And after they add your features that you want to your Blackbox, if I find that your features make my BlackBox worse for me, should they then change it back so it’s better for me?

I guess there is a lot to ‘think through’. Perhaps more to think through than just what you have thought of.

Just something to consider as you tell this company what a poor job they’ve done. If you could send me a link to your sampler and groove box you have created, I’d like to buy it and compare it to the BlackBox to see how much more thought out your design is.

Intentional, maybe, but not thought through...
              Maybe? Are you suggesting you are being lied to? Why wouldn’t you accept the words being given to you as true?

Your groove box that you have designed, created, and brought to market must be something else! Maybe.

I can’t wait to buy it and see just how good it is. Exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by ukaeatech View Post
                Right so

Call me nuts here but

Since updating to 2 i've had mad sync issues, clocks jumping like a madman when synced from opz. First time this has ever happened; previously was 100% rock solid. (btw no midi loops, checked all connections etc)

Just for the fuck of it i switched the clock source in Tools from midi-specific to any sync and then fired it some clock from the opz, same setup. Now it works perfectly. Errr haha does this make sense?! If anything i woulda thought it'd work better the other way round?!
                right ignore the above, after more testing i realise it's just going mental in slave mode no matter what connections or modes i'm running. do i roll back to 1.7?! aaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by ukaeatech View Post

right ignore the above, after more testing i realise it's just going mental in slave mode no matter what connections or modes i'm running. do i roll back to 1.7?! aaaaa
                  The blackbox has a ranking for incoming sync. If Analog clock is available, it takes precedence. Are you sending both Analog and MIDI clock? How is the OP-Z connected? USB?

Comment

Hi. Opz is connected thru the midi port. I tried selecting the midi port specifically on the Bb and also using the autoselect option. Also thought it could be a prob with my midi splitter so i tried direct; is still doing it. The best way i can describe is that the Bb starts normally with the Opz and is tight for a while, then goes into like, 4x speed for a couple of bars, then settles back down to tempo but seemingly out of phase by a small amount. Pretty mad. Maybe it's the Opz going mad although it was always rock solid until roughly when i updated the Bb.

Comment

• Steve
                      Steve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      send a video, please.

Hi there, I recently bought a blackbox to complement my synthstrom deluge. I also experience midi sync issues between the two.
                    Deluge sends midi to the blackbox, ClockSource is set to MIDI Port.

The issue is that the blackbox sometimes syncs perfectly and sometimes it doesn't sync at all (see video). This issue seems to occur random.
                    In the video you hear the metronome of the deluge for reference. If you look at the counter of the blackbox you see if the blackbox syncs or not:
                    • First attempt: no sync
                    • Second attempt: sync
                    • Third attempt: no sync
                    There are no sequences running on the blackbox. All is triggered by the deluge.

Last edited by martenmeij; 05-09-2022, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by martenmeij View Post
                      Hi there, I recently bought a blackbox to complement my synthstrom deluge. I also experience midi sync issues between the two.
                      Deluge sends midi to the blackbox, ClockSource is set to MIDI Port.

The issue is that the blackbox sometimes syncs perfectly and sometimes it doesn't sync at all (see video). This issue seems to occur random.
                      In the video you hear the metronome of the deluge for reference. If you look at the counter of the blackbox you see if the blackbox syncs or not:
                      • First attempt: no sync
                      • Second attempt: sync
                      • Third attempt: no sync
                      There are no sequences running on the blackbox. All is triggered by the deluge.
                      When reporting issues, please tell us which version of firmware (as a number) you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

When reporting issues, please tell us which version of firmware (as a number) you are using.
                        Oh I'm sorry. That is the version 2.1.0

Comment

Working...
                        X