Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RecToPlay doesn't work after New Rec

Hello,

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but the RecToPlay function, although set to ON, doesn't launch playback after a New Rec. It does sometimes, but rarely, and I can't figure out why.

I guess this is a bug?

Thx

Aha i been experiencing this too

Comment

Please share the Firmware version (as a number). And any other helpful details. Thanks

Comment

Firmware is 210 (the latest I guess) but it has always been doing that, as far as I remember.

It is quite troublesome as I mainly use the BlackBox as a live looper - which it is excellent at otherwise!

For the sake of clarity, here is the process:

- I record a loop as a clip with a predefined length, Rec to Play is set to ON
        -> no problem, the clip loops automatically once the recording is done, this is perfect
        - I then press New Rec (can't find the name of the menu where this option is, but I guess you know)
        -> the clip is recorded with the correct length, but it does not play automatically at the end of the recording, although Rec to Play is still set to ON

I can't think of any clearer way to explain it, but if you need more details, feel free to ask :-)
        Last edited by GaelVig; 03-31-2022, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GaelVig View Post
          Firmware is 210 (the latest I guess) but it has always been doing that, as far as I remember.

It is quite troublesome as I mainly use the BlackBox as a live looper - which it is excellent at otherwise!

For the sake of clarity, here is the process:

- I record a loop as a clip with a predefined length, Rec to Play is set to ON
          -> no problem, the clip loops automatically once the recording is done, this is perfect
          - I then press New Rec (can't find the name of the menu where this option is, but I guess you know)
          -> the clip is recorded with the correct length, but it does not play automatically at the end of the recording, although Rec to Play is still set to ON

I can't think of any clearer way to explain it, but if you need more details, feel free to ask :-)
          ----
          I'm having same problem with same scenario and same firmware.
          My suspicion is that it has something to do with the sequences page. Though I am a newby to the Black Box.
          Any insights?

Comment

Originally posted by focal sounds View Post

----
            I'm having same problem with same scenario and same firmware.
            My suspicion is that it has something to do with the sequences page. Though I am a newby to the Black Box.
            Any insights?
            I would recommend checking that the pad in question is not being triggered by an internal sequence - or from an external source. I am also using 2.1.0 and can report that RecToPlay works.

Comment

• sc1640
              sc1640 commented
              Editing a comment
              It works for me

OK, strange. I'm not using the sequencer at all.
            I do use external knobs to control the filter frequency but nothing else (my controller is an Eventide Space, so it doesn't even send note messages or whatever, just CC's)
            As explained, RecToPlay does work *the first time.*
            It's *only after a New Rec* that its doesn't.

Comment

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              I got that. For me, I can create 16 loops and it works. But I am not using that controller. Is RecConfig set to Global or Per Pad?

It's set to Per Pad

I sort of need it to be that way because I configure different loop lengths and outputs on each pad... or do I?
            Not so sure now you ask, it's a long time since I last fiddled with my settings on the BlackBox.
            Last edited by GaelVig; 05-04-2022, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Try Global and see if that helps.

Comment

No luck, same issue with RecConfig set on Global
                (And I can't preconfigure different outputs on each pad with this setting)

Comment

I've been experiencing the same thing. I've got RecToPlay set to On. Yesterday it was working, today it does not although I changed from omni to a sole midi channel.

I'm trying to configure blackbox as a live looper with a footswitch, that is through the 5 midi note actions described in the manual. (I play piano/synths so I need both hands...)

Firmware 2.0.0
                  Hotone Ampero Control footswitch (can send midi notes)
                  RecToPlay ON
                  MidiRec ON
                  RecordConfig PER PAD (tried global also)
                  LaunchModeTOGGLE
                  Loop FORWARD
                  LeadIn OFF

The Hotone sends Midi Note On (Note 103, Velocity 127)
                  It does starts the recording when I press it, and stops it when pressed again. (I've experienced some inconsistencies in the message treatment but could be just a preset glitch on my end...)

I've tried doing it manually on the machine itself with the transport buttons but it does not auto play after recording. I've got to manually lauch the pad on the screen, then it loops.

____

Honestly, I think we need to get a detailed tutorial on how to configure this for live looping with a footswitch and properly program the midi so it behaves as a looper. I'm sure it can be done but I went through a lot of youtube videos / forum discussions, and I'm still not getting there. I'm sure there is a bunch of people who are trying to achieve the same thing!

Thanks for the help

Comment

Updated to latest firmware, unplugged everything, still same problem. No RecToPlay with Loop = Forward and LunchMode = Toggle

Comment

How is MIDI configured?

and yes, a video is a reasonable ask.

Comment

MidiRec was set to On while using external foot switch, but I made an attempt without midi, using only the transport buttons on BB.

Comment

Working...
                        X