Alphabetical First Preset Always Loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphabetical First Preset Always Loads

Am I right or wrong that the alphabetically sorted first preset always loads when you start the Blackbox.

is this by design or can you select which preset loads when you start up any other way?

You've got it. The first file in alphabetical order loads when you start up the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
      You've got it. The first file in alphabetical order loads when you start up the unit.
      Thanks for taking the time to explain... I thought I was going crazy for a while.

I just experienced my first blackbox crash btw... I think it was because of reverb at max decay and strength on a 36 step sequence which I left running without changing for about 15 minutes.

The crash meant I didn't save my current preset...

Noting "autosave" in the wishlist area.

Comment

Originally posted by oHeFFeSS View Post

Thanks for taking the time to explain... I thought I was going crazy for a while.

I just experienced my first blackbox crash btw... I think it was because of reverb at max decay and strength on a 36 step sequence which I left running without changing for about 15 minutes.

The crash meant I didn't save my current preset...

Noting "autosave" in the wishlist area.
        Sorry to hear about the crash. We haven't seen many of those. Let me know if you can find a consistent repro and we will look into it. This is another reason why we can't implement every feature requested. We think it's important to have a stable product and if we add too much we will overload the processor. It's always a balance, like all things in life.

As for autosave, that is debate that has been going on for years starting with our original product - the bitbox. Originally, bitbox had autosave. But people talked us into eliminating it because there were losing old work when they were just messing around. It's an ongoing question. We'd love to hear what others think about autosave before we make any more changes to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post

Sorry to hear about the crash. We haven't seen many of those. Let me know if you can find a consistent repro and we will look into it. This is another reason why we can't implement every feature requested. We think it's important to have a stable product and if we add too much we will overload the processor. It's always a balance, like all things in life.

As for autosave, that is debate that has been going on for years starting with our original product - the bitbox. Originally, bitbox had autosave. But people talked us into eliminating it because there were losing old work when they were just messing around. It's an ongoing question. We'd love to hear what others think about autosave before we make any more changes to that.
          That’s why I suggested that it be optional - that way when people enable it they know what they’re getting into.

Comment

I see the rationale behind the global setting. We try to minimize the number of global options to keep things less complicated for everyone. But this may be a case that justifies the complexity. I will make sure it's on the feature request list.

Comment

Working...
            X