WIDI Bud Compatiblity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIDI Bud Compatiblity?

Have you guys tried to use the CME Widi Bud connected to your device?

I don't believe it works - would be sweet to have BLE control over the blackbox as an option and this is a way it could be done.

Any chance that this is a possibility?

That looks like an interesting product. I can certainly see the appeal of a bluetooth solution. We haven't tested with that specific device yet. As you can imagine there are lots of options out there and we haven't been able to test them all. I'll see if we can find some time to reach out to them and see what's going on.
    Last edited by Christine; 04-22-2019, 12:52 PM. Reason: I originally posted before looking up the WIDI bud. I changed my response once I better understood what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
      That looks like an interesting product. I can certainly see the appeal of a bluetooth solution. We haven't tested with that specific device yet. As you can imagine there are lots of options out there and we haven't been able to test them all. I'll see if we can find some time to reach out to them and see what's going on.
      Let me know if you are aware of another usb Bluetooth LE dongle.

i believe Yamaha makes one but I don’t know if it does what the Widi bud does.

Comment

oHeFFeSS, do you think this could be a power issue? Have you tried it with the blackbox plugged into a wall power source instead of a battery? Did any of the recent builds fix it? Just wondering if this is still an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
          oHeFFeSS, do you think this could be a power issue? Have you tried it with the blackbox plugged into a wall power source instead of a battery? Did any of the recent builds fix it? Just wondering if this is still an issue.
          Christine - I did a bunch of testing and it looks like the widi bud works well now on both battery power and mains power. It automatically connects to my roli lightpad block m and can be connected to my iphone by advertising my phone as a peripheral (I used the AUM app to do this), at which point when connected to the blackbox, it automatically connects.

This is a pretty awesome development.

If you connect one BLE device directly from another BLE device (like lightpad block directly to WIDI Bud) the latency is not so bad.

RESULTS MAY VARY!

Comment

Glad to hear its working now!!

Comment

Working...
            X