Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger Multiple Pads From A Single "Midi Imported" Sequence ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger Multiple Pads From A Single "Midi Imported" Sequence ?

• hello there wonderfull people, i have been struggling a lot being able to trigger multiple pads from an imported MIDI Sequence..

• i can certainly do that when i control the blackbox via ableton. But when i import the same midi sequence i have found no way of controlling multiple pads from the same midi file.

tried all midi ins and outs configurations and nothing.. i can only trigger ONE PAD with that sequence
    Is that possible please?

Best

Sequences and pads have a 1:1 relationship in v3.x

Comment

Thanks for your answer Steve ! Well its weird, yesterday i instaleld version 3.0.9 and could not do it.. very weird..

Comment

I literally Imported a Midi File tha was exported from Ableton. This file was trigerring multipe pads from a single Midi file (in the piano roll) via ableton
        / Pads where not assigned to a specific midi ch, only the master midi in tools was on ch 1.

• So i exported the midi file and when i imported the same midi sequence i have found no way of controlling multiple pads.
        / The only difference i noticed is that whenever i exported from Ableton.. if in ableton my notes where in C1 , the same file was on C2 on the Black box. Tried to change them but still could not trigger the pads.

Will keep trying..
        Today ill make a test sending the same file via a Sequencer Squarp Pyramid

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          This should not work in a version 3

ow !!! i had this revelation.. my project was created on an older version... so when i updated i did not work..
        so i figured it out to begin a new project with the 3.0.9 and it worked !

• so its important to note that projects created on an earlier version dont work normal on a 3.0.9 , is that correct ?>

thank you

Comment

i did not work again !
          • ive found out that whenever i import the midi file from ableton my sequences dont work..
          • here are 4 videos showing the trouble i am having:

Comment

In version 3, a sequence will only control a single pad. This is intentional. If you had sequences in version 2 that had multiple layers triggering multiple pads, these will not work the same way in version 3.

Comment

Please do not make the same post multiple times.

Comment

• Thanks Steve ! OK.. i will make my best to post the fewest possible.

Talking about the same subject, the weird thing is that whatever Midi Clip i export from ableton Makes the sequencer mode inactive so it Stops working.
                Why could that be ?

Comment

• My only turn around is that im Sequencing all my Pads with a Squarp Pyramid because the sequencer mode is not working very easily.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎