No announcement yet.

List of compatible midi controllers for Blackbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Teenage Engineering OP-Z work with Device port on Blackbox? Anybody? I couldn't get those two working together.

Comment

• xeamus
      xeamus commented
      Editing a comment
      I have only tried it with via midicable (oplab) and it works very well. I shall try with the USB.

Edit: I also could not get this to work (USB).
      Last edited by xeamus; 10-03-2019, 03:21 AM.

sensel morph works great, even from USB battery powering the BB.

Comment

Akai MPD 26 wounderfull ;-)

Comment

Notation Launchkey Mini mk3 works perfect with the blackbox!

Comment

Has anyone tried & tested the Arturia MiniLab with Blackbox & the latest firmware?
        I’m thinking about picking either MiniLab or MicroLab up on Monday during my lunchbreak...

EDIT: It works.
        Last edited by OldBones; 01-21-2020, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Alesis Q25 works.

Comment

Faderbank 16n

Comment

Arduino Leonardo and compatible microprocessors together with MIDIUSB library works.

Comment

M-Audio Keystation 49 works

Comment

CME Xkey 25 (without Bluetooth) does NOT work.
                  Last edited by pdwhitt; 01-07-2020, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Faderfox UC-44 works (both via USB & DIN Midi)

Comment

Nektar Impact LX25

Comment

NakedBoards controllers work. I have the MC-24 and MC-8. Both work via USB and TRS MIDI with included adapter.

Keith McMillen BopPad works via USB. You can do some interesting MIDI modulations with this pad.
                        Keith McMillen SoftStep2 works via USB.
                        Roli Seaboard Block and Lightpad M work via USB, but there are some issues when switching presets on the controllers.
                        Alesis V25 via USB

Comment

Adafruit trellis M4 works.

Comment

• satu87121
                            satu87121 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Steve, I couldn't figure out how to reply to you directly so I placed this here. Yes I too bought the kit, with the main board, Acrylic Enclosure Kit, and two silicone pads. It was simple to put together, but I would suggest using washers at the top when you put the screws in so you don't scratch your table as for the rubber feet, that are included, are not tall enough to prevent the screws from scratching a surface from below. Also just hand tighten the screws to the nuts and just add a hint of elmers (white) glue to the screw so that the nut doesn't unscrew, just before you place each nut. I don't suggest using a tool as for you could crack the acrylic case. I don't recommend "loctite Blue" either as the screws and nuts seem plastic, and loctite is for metal and will crack plastic over time. The firmware I used is John Park's Trellis M4 Expressive Midi Controller. https://learn.adafruit.com/trellis-m...ilt-controller
                            With a battery powered speaker (I Use a Bose one), the Blackbox, and the M4 talk about micro studio minimalism.
                            Hope this all helps, best of luck,
                            Satu Patel

• Steve
                            Steve commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks... I printed my own enclosure and got as far as soldering LEDs but have not finished it. It seems like a pretty solid solution for controlling the Blackbox!

• satu87121
                            satu87121 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Steve,
                            Shoot! The kit I bought required no soldering. I just basically snapped it all together. It is a very minimal setup that is quick for the music sketch and itch rather than busting out my own large keyboards.Though I want to mention that I would love to modify the code when time permits so that when I use modulation and pitch a row of leds scrolls by in columns or rows to the angle I tilt it towards, and the rows / columns get faster as I tilt it more. I would also like after I un-press a key that button changes to a different color and then color completely disappears after about 3 seconds. Then I want all the colors to be different every time I boot it up. Would love to figure that out somehow.
                            Last edited by satu87121; 01-27-2020, 02:51 PM.

Faderfox uc4 works

Comment

Working...
                          X