Experiencing Stuck Notes with Keystep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiencing Stuck Notes with Keystep

Today playing the blackbox with my keystep I've been experiencing stuck notes.

its connected via USB.

It seems to happen when playing multiple notes quickly whether or not I have polyphonic mode active.

This happens when the sample is in gate mode and it set to loop.

To make this occur, all I have to do is run my fingers down the keyboard a few times.

We have already investigated this one and here is what we know:
    1) There is an issue in the Arturia KeyStep firmware version 1.0.1 that keeps it from working well with embedded hosts like ours. The problem is some MIDI messages that happen at the same time are dropped. If you play with one finger you are all set.
    2) Version 1.0.2 of the blackbox firmware does not drop notes with the KeyStep. However, there is a CPU performance hit and reduction in polyphony.
    3) Arturia has a non-public version of their firmware that fixes the problem. Please check with them for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      We have already investigated this one and here is what we know:
      1) There is an issue in the Arturia KeyStep firmware version 1.0.1 that keeps it from working well with embedded hosts like ours. The problem is some MIDI messages that happen at the same time are dropped. If you play with one finger you are all set.
      2) Version 1.0.2 of the blackbox firmware does not drop notes with the KeyStep. However, there is a CPU performance hit and reduction in polyphony.
      3) Arturia has a non-public version of their firmware that fixes the problem. Please check with them for more information.
      Thanks Aaron!

I am frustrated they haven't released this fix publically.

I just submitted a support request with Arturia.

I'll let you know what they say.

Comment

I just got permission to pass along the beta version from Arturia. It is available below to registered users:
        https://forum.1010music.com/forum/ta...keystep-hotfix

Comment

I just got permission to pass along the beta version from Arturia. It is available below to registered users:
          Thank you so much Aaron! I’ll let you know if I Experience any more issues.

Comment

I installed the new keystep firmware and am no longer experiencing stuck notes! Huzzah.

Now if only Arturia made the release public - can't believe they haven't updated the firmware in a few years.

Comment

Working...
            X