Crashes when using 64gb SD card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes when using 64gb SD card

I'm using a SanDisk Ultra 64gb micro SDXC card formatted in FAT32 with 32kb cluster size. The Blackbox is able to read the card and its samples, but during playback of the default demo pattern the unit will crash (with a brief glitchy sound) before rebooting itself. This does not happen with the factory SD card but I don't know why it should be happening with my other card when it's properly formatted. I ran a check for errors on the card and found none.

Please try using exFAT for cards over 32GB. We will take a look on our end.

Comment

Thanks, I will try that and report back!

Comment

Formatted with exFAT and it is still crashing after a few seconds of playback

Edit: After another cycling of the power, it seems to be stable now. Will keep testing.
        Last edited by vegeta897; 06-09-2019, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Please also check how you are powering the device. Try the included power adapter if you are still having trouble.

Comment

Thanks, but I have only been using the included power adapter and cable.

Comment

The card's brand could be a factor. I've been using a 64GB Kingston, no problem.

Comment

Now then!

Soon to be a BB owner (currently winding its way to me from Germany) very excited, figured I’d get a nice big SD card with plenty of room to tide me over for a while. I’ve scoured the manual but can’t find any reference to the maximum size of card I can use in the BB. I think I read in another thread on here somewhere Christine said it was a “couple of hundred Gb” so I’m guessing 256Gb but just wanted to make sure.

Also any current users fancy posting which cards they are currently using so we can get a compatibility list going? Only asking because earlier posts in this thread says that a Sandisk card didn’t work but a Kingston did.

Cheers

Comment

I wouldn't count out Sandisk, I haven't experienced any problems since my last post 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by vegeta897 View Post
                    I wouldn't count out Sandisk, I haven't experienced any problems since my last post 2 weeks ago.
                    Good to know. Thanks for the update on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacksox View Post

Good to know. Thanks for the update on that.
                      Pretty sure this is the one I have and use - no problems so far:

SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Black, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010Q57S62..._KlNdDbZHT9DJT

Comment

Originally posted by oHeFFeSS View Post

Pretty sure this is the one I have and use - no problems so far:

SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Black, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010Q57S62..._KlNdDbZHT9DJT
                        Cool. I reckon 128GB will do me for long enough, it might even become hard to navigate through all the files on it before I run out of space, if that makes sense. Cheers

Comment

Does anyone know if the 256 micro sd are supported?

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm currently using SanDisk Ultra 200GB microSDXC memory, no problems so far. Cheers

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I use a 256GB Samsung card on a regular basis

Comment

Working...
                              X