Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantize long loops

Hello guys!
    I was wondering if there's a way to quantize the playback of long loops in a way similar to Ableton Live or on the Octatrack, where you can input the original file BPM, and playback will then be quantized/stretched to the current BPM.
    I'm having trouble getting playback in sync for for long samples (5 to 10 minutes long) in clip mode.
    Maybe it's of more a wishlist request, but maybe i'm just missing something easy
    thanks a bunch in advance!!!

I like the BPM idea but I'd also like to be able to tell the bb that a sample is n bars long and whatever the audio is, it squishes / stretches it to match.

(ermm... unless it can already do this? I'm a newbie so I could have missed it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Bzangy View Post
      I like the BPM idea but I'd also like to be able to tell the bb that a sample is n bars long and whatever the audio is, it squishes / stretches it to match.

(ermm... unless it can already do this? I'm a newbie so I could have missed it!)
      that's more or less the BPM concept used in the Octatrack, you can set either the BPM or the lenght (in bars) of the samples, and timestretch it's done accordingly.
      Unfortunatly i'm not able to play loops as quantized clips (with the latest firmware), even when they are pretty simple 4/4 beats. hope there's a way to solve this! : )

Comment

Originally posted by Bzangy View Post

Here's something to try: change the pad to slicer mode. Use the slice to grid function to add slices for each beat. You can manually tweak the slices if needed or try autodetect of slices. Then change back to clip mode. The pad remembers where you put the slices and uses that information for beat sync'ing.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post

Here's something to try: change the pad to slicer mode. Use the slice to grid function to add slices for each beat. You can manually tweak the slices if needed or try autodetect of slices. Then change back to clip mode. The pad remembers where you put the slices and uses that information for beat sync'ing.
          Woah awesome! Great move on that concept.

Comment

Let me expand on that by saying that you also need to have the Sync parameter set to Slice to make this work.

Comment

THANK YOU! I shall try that asap! Whoop! :-)

Comment

Working...
              X