User sample quirk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User sample quirk

Can’t find anything on this yet so thought I’d see if anyone else experienced this.

When I import the samples that I have added to my memory card to the current project I’m working on, the sample plays oddly. Normally high pitched like a ping sound. To remedy this I need to change the sample to clip and then back to sample, the sample then plays fine. Anyone else?

Yes I’ve experienced this a few times, exactly as you describe. It sounds almost like the start and end points are too close together although that isn’t what’s happening.
    As you too discovered it’s a quick fix to change sample type so that’s been my technique.

Comment

Ah good (ish) glad it’s not just my machine. I should imagine it won’t always be this way.

Cheers

Comment

Yeah it’s just a little bug, hard to reproduce though, hit and miss!
        Great box still!

Comment

Would either of you please send us a file that had this problem? I'd like to take a look at it. If you prefer, you can get in contact with us over email through the Contact Us page. I don't think you can attach there, but let us know what its about and we'll reply back with an email address. It's a lot easier to fix a bug when we have something we can use to repro it. Maybe send a fresh file that you didn't open yet with blackbox. Thanks!!

Comment

Next time it happens I will take note of the file and get back to you...

Comment

Blacksox sent me a few files. I'm running firmware version 1.0.6, and I can't reproduce what you are hearing, but here's what I noticed about those files. When they first load into the pad, the loop mode is set to bidirect and the LpEnd is set to 0. Because of the looping settings, no sound is played. The only reason those parameters would be something other than the default value is because the information is stored in the WAV files, perhaps in ACID tags. As soon as I changed the loop end point, the file plays just fine.

I will ask Aaron to see if there is a reason why the Loop End is loading as zero. Maybe there's a file compatibility problem we need to address. How were these files created? Do you know why the Loop End might be set to zero?

It makes sense that switching the pad mode would fix the problem, if its related to the LpEnd parameter, because doing that would reset the LpEnd to the end of the WAV file. You could also fix it by adjusting the LpEnd on the WAV screen or the last parameter screen.

Comment

Aaron took a look at the samples from Blacksox. The files had embedded loop points that looped from 0 to 0. If you change the loop end point, the files should work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
                  Aaron took a look at the samples from Blacksox. The files had embedded loop points that looped from 0 to 0. If you change the loop end point, the files should work fine.
                  I love you guys. It’s responsive support like this that confirms my decision to buy the BB.

Comment

Working...
                  X