Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware updating problem

Hi!
    When I try to update the Black Box to v. 1.1.1 by copying the new firmware to the original SD card and then put it in the Black Box, following the steps of holding both BACK-button and INFO-button it will says "erasing". I then wait for will wait for the upgrading screen according to the instructions by the "How to install New Firmware on the Black Box" guide. It will never reach that screen. Then I have to pull the plug and restart the Black Box and it has v. 1.1.1. Is there a new way to upgrade the firmware that I have missed. I even formated the SD card (original, FAT 32) and copy all files back again to the SD card.

Why does the Firmware upgrade go wrong when I have followed your guide? Anyone else with the same problem?

Are you letting go of BACK and INFO when the "erasing" screen appears? I kept them held in the first time and that doesn't work.

Comment

Did not let them go as instructed.

Comment

You can let go as soon as you see the firmware programming screens.

Comment

• xeamus
          xeamus commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, thanks!

I'm also having problems. When i put 1.1.1 bin file onto the provided micro SD do i replace the existing bin file on the SD?
        i did this...
        when i power up and hold back & info buttons my BB doesn't go to the screen described in instructions.

Comment

Please try it a few times and make sure you are holding the buttons down firmly. Yes you need to overwrite the BLACKBOX.BIN file on the micro SD card.

Comment

Working...
          X