Blackbox shutting down by itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackbox shutting down by itself

When I was working on some imported samples my blackbox suddenly shut down all by itself. It restarted immediately. But the samples were corrupted. I switched blackbox off and on again and the samples were normal again.
    It shut down by itself several times during the last days.
    I was wondering what might have caused this.
    Does anyone have an idea?
    Thanks for your help,
    Martin

Are you using the original cable/power supply? Any controller connected to USB ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zapman View Post
      Are you using the original cable/power supply? Any controller connected to USB ?
      yes it's the original power supply and nothing connected...

Comment

Have you tried the latest firmware, 1.2.2?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Have you tried the latest firmware, 1.2.2?
          yes I am running 1.2.2.
          also tried 2 differend sd cards.
          and changed the power cable.
          still shutting down randomly. Sometimes after a minute, sometimes after 1 hour...
          :-(

Comment

Did you copy the content of the previous sd card into the new ones? My bb stopped shutting down after i reformatted the card and not included some files I imported from a Zoom recorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Barborini View Post
              Did you copy the content of the previous sd card into the new ones? My bb stopped shutting down after i reformatted the card and not included some files I imported from a Zoom recorder.
              yes, I copied all files to the new card.
              Shutting down happend with the old and new card. I was hoping it is a card issue but it is obviously not.

Comment

• martin
                martin commented
                Editing a comment
                maybe it is a sample issue?
                I made the samples with audacity.
                Does anyone know the best sample rates for blackbox?
                is it: 48000 Hz and 32 bit?
                Last edited by martin; 09-04-2019, 11:38 PM.

After I reformatted the card, I put all the same samples, excluding those that I made with a recorder and it worked. Good luck!

Comment

the thing is: I don`t want to use the included 1010music samples but mostly my own samples. So I had another look on my blackbox and noticed that I used a different usb cable which was longer than the original one. When I attached the original cable everything works fine so far. No shutting down by itself so far.
                So maybe it was the usb cable. But the one I used was brandnew... so why didn`t it work???

Comment

• xeamus
                  xeamus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But brand new things also failure sometimes. I had to throw away an audio cable today because it didnt work well compared to other audio cables. It was pretty new.
              Working...
              X