SD Card Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Card Specs

Just got a Blackbox, waiting for me in today's mail. Very excited, want to jump right in, but want a new card so I can screw up w/ out kneecapping my new toy.

Can someone please tell me what the capacity of the original card is, and also suggest how much capacity makes sense to them for real world use. Kinda doubt I need a 256Gb, but maybe? Trying to avoid overkill; just 'kill' would be fine!

Thanks.

I think it comes with a 4GB sd card. I use 64GB cards and that's plenty of room for me. I suggest picking out your favourite samples and renaming them to 8 character names. It really helps with the workflow to have a well organised sample library!

Comment

Thanks Dan!
      8 character limit means either serial codes or a thesaurus! Good to know.

Comment

Hi
        i got mine a few days ago and it was delivered with an 8gb SD card. So I am unknown with the max capacity of an SD card and are very exciting to reactions of your post.
        john
        out of the Netherlands

Comment

This one works very well

Comment

Mine was delivered with a 8 Gb card. I bought a 128 Gb Sandisk card and it works perfect.

Comment

I believe all units come with an 8GB card.

Comment

I have mine yesterday updated with a 64Gb Scandisk Ultra micro SD card and it works fine. Formatted in an exFat.
                Only thing I do not understand is that when I put a sample file in the rooth directory of this SD card , I can find it on the Blackbox when back inserted. Buth : When I put these files in a folder on my PC , I see only…... /sample...… in the screen of my Blackbox , but I can not come in to this folder. Do you have the same problem or do you see the sample in a folder in a different way ??
                John

Comment

Did you press 'Load' when on your /samples folder to go into that directory ?

Comment

Stupid, yeh I am a newbey and did not realised that.

Thanks Zapman , great Help

Comment

Instead of large SD cards, I have opted for multiple 32GB cards. One card for work/experimentation and others are more focused toward particular style or samples. Easier to navigate and less to lose at any particular time. I keep everything backed up to server so it's fairly easy to swap card contents.

Comment

Working...
                      X