Significant output noise / buzz sound on all three outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Significant output noise / buzz sound on all three outputs

I only really noticed when I used the BB with actual studio monitors as I always thought it was my headphones or some poor speakers I used before, but it looks like it has a quite strong buzz sound on any of the three outputs, even when I lower the headphone output.

I tried several cables which I tested from other sources (not especially high end sources) and I didn't have the issue.

So now I wonder, as the BB doesn't have a sound card to record digitally, how I could end up with a final project with a decent audio quality ?

Is it as designed or should I consider requesting support/servicing ? Or could this be fixed in a firmware ?

Please check your power source. Our USB power supply or a USB battery should give the best results.

Comment

Thanks. I didn't know you also sold one. Will try an iPad's one, they're usually not the worst in terms of shielding and power stability.

Comment

Wow, actually had an iPad's with me and tried it. Problem gone Thank you for the quick and efficient support !

Comment

Originally posted by alexandros View Post
          Thanks. I didn't know you also sold one. Will try an iPad's one, they're usually not the worst in terms of shielding and power stability.
          I'm talking about the power supply included with the blackbox. Perhaps you missed the blank cardboard box inside the container with all the goodies?

Comment

I will check, was it all on the early units ?

Comment

Hey.
              I got the same problem here. But i couldn't solve it by using you're powersource or any other source that is compatible. There is still a crackling and buzzin' as soon as i lunch 2 or more samples at the time. Beside of the auditive issue the BB blinks very often, as a result of a lack in energy supply i guess, and turns it self down. Any other suggestions to get it back to work?
              thanks

Comment

MeprisMores, try using an iPhone/iPad charger, they seem to provide some pretty constant voltage.

If it’s not better and more especially if you still have this blinking and shutdowns, you should maybe check your actual power source.

On my side I eventually found the power supply provided in the box and I don’t have the issue.

Now I get why many devices are shipping with their proprietary power supply. Though less convenient, at least you don’t have to deal with these type of issues.

Comment

[QUOTE=alexandros;n7791]try using an iPhone/iPad charger/QUOTE]

I already did. on the adivce of Aaron. Still the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X