Blackbox permantly crashing while recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackbox permantly crashing while recording

It just do not record anymore and crashes after 2 Bars while recording audio.
    Permanently.

Ok, there seems to be something wrong with the the SD Card, but can not repair under OSX.

Comment

Is your card full? We need to handle that more gracefully.

Comment

No. I did format the whole card again. So it is working again. There was a corrupt file...
        Just by recording a new file.

Comment

I'm also having a problem, when im on sequence page sometimes when i use the encoders to move around sequences its start selecting all the sequences and thats a big problem if i go live cause the only way to turn them off its to stop everything.

Comment

Christine I'm having this 'permanently crashing' issue too. Only had the BB a month or two, and only recorded one song, so I'm not overloading the SD card. If I back up the card, format it, then put data back on, won't that just copy the corrupted file back? Or do I lose the music I have on there currently? Thanks! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AAl...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by jonnnnny View Post
              Christine I'm having this 'permanently crashing' issue too. Only had the BB a month or two, and only recorded one song, so I'm not overloading the SD card. If I back up the card, format it, then put data back on, won't that just copy the corrupted file back? Or do I lose the music I have on there currently? Thanks! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AAl...ew?usp=sharing
              I'm sorry this is happening. It's very hard to debug issues like this remotely. Would you please use the Contact Us link to email us and Aaron or Steve will get in touch to help get to the bottom of this. I want to find out what is happening so you can get back to work and so we can make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. Please be patient, though, because they are at a trade show this week and will have limited time to work on issues like this until next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post

I'm sorry this is happening. It's very hard to debug issues like this remotely. Would you please use the Contact Us link to email us and Aaron or Steve will get in touch to help get to the bottom of this. I want to find out what is happening so you can get back to work and so we can make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. Please be patient, though, because they are at a trade show this week and will have limited time to work on issues like this until next week.
                Hi, I decided to back up the SD card, format it, then put the data back on. And it was fixed after that. Perhaps something to do with the original formatting of the card?

Comment

• underwood
                  underwood commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. The format of new cards or that from the windows format function often makes problems in stand alone devices. Better use a sd-format tool like rufus and exFAT if the card is bigger than 32GB.

• Christine
                  Christine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm glad you got it working. Thanks for reporting back.
              Working...
              X