Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left and right input gain.

Hi just have my blackbox
    The left gain input is way more lower than the right is. Try out a lot of cables. what m I doing wrong?

Even without a cable at the input there is a lot of gain difference

Comment

Firmware 1.3

Comment

hi there.. did you try another Input device… like a mp3 Player ?

Comment

Yep I did.

Comment

mhhhh…. the mixer side contains a balance Control.. did you try that ?

Comment

It sounds like either a calibration problem or a hardware problem. Please contact us using the form on our website.

Comment

Originally posted by von haulshoven View Post
                Hi just have my blackbox
                The left gain input is way more lower than the right is. Try out a lot of cables. what m I doing wrong?
                Do you notice a left-right volume difference on sounds you have recorde through the inputs? The reason I'm asking is that when I look at the volume meters on the recording page on my box when nothing is being recorded they almots always show a big (1-10dB) volume difference between the two channels. But this difference "drifts" over time. If I do nothing (don't feed it any imput) the volume difference will get smaller and smaller and then grow again, but the side that was lower at first is now the one with higher volume! I think I saw similiar behavior in loopops video on the Blackbox. When I record I don't hear any difference from the source material, so the actual gain seem to be the same on both channels.

Does anybody have a clue why the meters show a drifting volume difference of these proportions? Small differences I can understand, but as much as 10dB. And why does it drift? Is it the precision of the meters that is "jittery"? As long as the recordings are not effected I guess I'm ok with it.

Comment

Working...
                X