Minor annoyance - crackle on 1st trigger of each note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor annoyance - crackle on 1st trigger of each note

Nothing game breaking, but something I’ve noticed as far back as 1.0.

every time I sample and then chop the sample across the keyboard, when I play each note (slice) for the first time, there’s a crackle. It’s not on the audio; just, I assume, a situation where it’s loading into ram? Any subsequent hit on that key-slice sounds fine.

l kinda accepted it from day one. I don’t perform live, but I’d assume this could be a problem for those who do. In fact, when I load any project, and hit play, the enabled sequences all do this when triggering each midi note / slice for the first go-round.

insights?

No one else experiences this?

Comment

• Complomu
      Complomu commented
      Editing a comment
      I experienced it too.

Aaron Any insight? Have you heard this?

Comment

Christine is this a problem you’re aware of? Seems that I’m not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by G Lampa View Post
        every time I sample and then chop the sample across the keyboard, when I play each note (slice) for the first time, there’s a crackle. I

insights?
        Can you tell me more about the specific steps needed to reproduce this? Are you sampling from another device, using the RESAM option in Blackbox, or loading samples created on another device?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve J View Post

Can you tell me more about the specific steps needed to reproduce this? Are you sampling from another device, using the RESAM option in Blackbox, or loading samples created on another device?
          Line in from source. Doesn’t matter which. And again, it has nothing to do w/ the waveform itself. After an initial trigger of a slice, the prob goes away, until the sample / project is reloaded or the device restarted.

Comment

Line in from source. Doesn’t matter which. And again, it has nothing to do w/ the waveform itself. After an initial trigger of a slice, the prob goes away, until the sample / project is reloaded or the device restarted.
            Thanks for the info. I get that it likely has nothing to do with the waveform. I just wanted to learn more about your process so I can try to reproduce the issue. Stay tuned...

Thanks for reporting this and using Blackbox!

Steve

Comment

Steve step 1) record via line in. L&R
              step 2) set to slicer / (mono) triggering, slice up. Step 3) go to keyboard. Step 4) play notes (slices). I hear a little crackle for each key I press. Press again? Fine. no problems.
              Save project, then reload? Same behavior.

Comment

Christine is this a problem you’re aware of? Seems that I’m not alone.
                Hi G Lampa, It looks like you have had a chance to "meet" Steve J. He's our new "Bit Doctor and Customer Happiness Enforcer". Please work with him on this issue. I know he is working with Aaron to reproduce it.

Comment

Steve step 1) record via line in. L&R
                  step 2) set to slicer / (mono) triggering, slice up. Step 3) go to keyboard. Step 4) play notes (slices). I hear a little crackle for each key I press. Press again? Fine. no problems.
                  Save project, then reload? Same behavior.
                  Hi G

Two questions:
                  1. Are you using the supplied USB cable for power?
                  2. Are you using the supplied microSD card?

I am not (yet) able to reproduce this. I appreciate your cooperation. If there is an issue I want to find it!

Steve

Comment

No and no.

USB into battery pack!! Maybe I need to test it w/ the included brick.

the card is a SanDisk 128GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I.

Comment

Working...
                    X