Deactivate sequence in song section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deactivate sequence in song section?

Is there a way to deactivate a previously recorded sequence in a song section?

There seems to be no way of deactivating a sequence recorded in song mode without clearing it.
    Overdubbing in the sense of deactivating the sequence while recording in song mode does not seem to work either.

From the manual p. 30, 'Work with song sections':

'5. Push SEQS to display the sequences screen. Activate the sequences you want to have playing when you start recording the song section, and deactivate those you don’t want.'

This made me assume the SEQS screen, while in song mode, would display the sequence cells recorded as being active at the start of the section. Yet it displays the sequence status independent of song mode, which is fine if you want to jam over sections, but not if you want to edit them.

It would be nice if there was a 'strict song mode', where song sections would default to what was recorded into them, and where the SEQS screen, while in song mode, would display only the sequences active in the current section.

Originally posted by Michal Ho View Post
    It would be nice if there was a 'strict song mode', where song sections would default to what was recorded into them, and where the SEQS screen, while in song mode, would display only the sequences active in the current section.
    I would like to second this idea - It's quite frustrating to have to go into the Seqs menu and deactivate sequences every time I want to play in song mode.
    It may be as simple as simply deactivating all sequences when song mode is in playback.

I can't imagine a situation in which a user would want to play a song while also manually selecting a few sequences from the very beginning - the user can simply add such sequences to the song section to begin with!

Comment

Working...
    X