Akai MPD 32 over Midi DIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akai MPD 32 over Midi DIN

Hey all. I am a new and proud owner of the Blackbox! For playing Pads or triggering Loops, i think about to buy a old Akai MPD 32 that have Midi Din out Ports. Will it work to play the BB Pads with the Akai MPD over Midi DIN?

Thx for a short answher and best regards Andy

Should work. Triggering pads or sequences over midi is by specific fixed midi notes. You might first check if the mpds pads send the according notes or are configurable.
    I stopped buying/supporting anything Akai, cause of buggy firmwares and no fixes. But there's so many options for pad controllers these days, difficult to choose. Still hoping the Blackbox will support lighting of controller's pads someday.
    Last edited by Zapman; 01-11-2020, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• resfish
      resfish commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you Zapman. I choose to buy the Akai MPD 32 and will report if it will work. best regards Andy

It looks like the MPD 32 should work with Blackbox. As Zapman stated, you will likely need (or want) to remap the outgoing MIDI note numbers from the pads on the Akai. According to the documentation on their website, you can do this internally, without the need for software. Check out pgs 9-13 https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/...98/product/27/

Steve

Comment

• resfish
      resfish commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you Steve for the answher. have a great day
Working...
X