No announcement yet.

1.4.0 Blackbox crashing & restarting in a cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same thing happening with the original 8GB card that came with Blackbox here FYI.

*edit

It happened right after I updated. The first thing I did was go check out the new "grid" mode in the keyboard section. It rebooted. I tried to check it out again after it rebooted and it rebooted again. This happened 3 times. Then I came over to my computer to write this. When I went back it wasn't rebooting. It seems like if I left it alone after it booted it stopped happening. I was able to check out the grid and I'm not getting rebooting.

Comment

• selfup
      selfup commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting..so it resolves itself after a while? Hmm maybe I'll give that a shot with a clone I have. Thanks for sharing

Any idea if it's going to be possible to get FAT32 LBA working again in 1.4.X?

I've downgraded to 1.3.6 for now to avoid the hassle of installing external libraries, reformatting to exFAT, and re-copying 100 gigs of samples.

If exFAT is the only way forward, I'll go ahead and do it. But if restoring support for FAT32 LBA is a possibility, I'll wait it out.

Thanks!

Comment

SanDisk Ultra 256 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1 with ExFat has been working perfectly for me for the last 2 days.

I had read that there are counterfeit cards, so i'll only buy directly from trusted sources.

Comment

• underwood
        underwood commented
        Editing a comment
        SanDisk Extreme 128GB in exFAT works to.

• walkie
        walkie commented
        Editing a comment
        Right, the bug seems to be caused by FAT32 formatting. I think everybody using an exFAT formatted card is not having the problem.

Update: purchased a Samsung 256gb card and I haven’t had a single issue after copying all of my files from the original card. Seems snappier overall too hmm...

Comment

the same happen to me as well. sometimes blackbox runs for a while, but then suddenly it cycles between crashing and restart? what is the issue, how to fix?

I use a ScanDisk 64GB card, proper exFAT formatted. Its not possible to play with blackbox under this condition.
        Last edited by TheSchizoid; 02-10-2020, 09:28 AM.

Comment

ok, reformatting helped for about 5 mins playtime, until bb crashed and restarted. Oh by the way, I updated to 1.4.1. meanwhile.

Comment

• Steve J
            Steve J commented
            Editing a comment
            Make sure you are using a USB cable for power that supports 2A @ 5V. The included cable is preferred.

• TheSchizoid
            TheSchizoid commented
            Editing a comment
            well, thanks for this hint, looks I mixed up some cable, I gotta label them

Steve J unfortunatly bb continues to crash in when in idle

Comment

Originally posted by TheSchizoid View Post
            Steve J unfortunatly bb continues to crash in when in idle
            Can you provide any details surrounding this? What are you doing when it crashes? What type of SD card are you using? maybe post a short video? It's odd behavior for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve J View Post

Can you provide any details surrounding this? What are you doing when it crashes? What type of SD card are you using? maybe post a short video? It's odd behavior for sure.
              I was lucky to see bb crashing when it was in idle, just passed my desk when it happened. So I don't know how to replicate.

At that moment bb was
              • connected to a USB hub powered with a 5V/4A power supply
              • one additional device Korg SQ-1 was connected to the same USB hub
              • I was doing nothing, like I said bb was idle, just turned on, in PADS screen, loaded with the demo song
              • SanDisk Extreme microSDXC 64GB A2 C10 V30 UHS-I U3
              • Arturia Keystep was connected to bb via USB and to bb Midi Out
              I probably need to return my bb and ask my retailer for replacement as the tip mechanism to eject the microSD card is not working anymore

Comment

• Steve J
                Steve J commented
                Editing a comment
                here are a few suggestions:
                1. power on the Blackbox, load a preset other than SL BASS MUSIC DEMO, let it sit (overnight if needed).
                if it restarts SL BASS MUSIC DEMO will load after a restart. Does this happen?
                2. does tapping or lightly shaking the unit cause it's restarting?

• TheSchizoid
                TheSchizoid commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll do as suggested and report accordingly.

No the device was flat on my desk, not moving, not shaking, not tapping.

when the crash happened yesterday,no demo song loaded after restart, just stuck in "black" screen.

I had a quick crash today again, this time demo song loaded after restart. It happened to quickly so haven't really paid attention what I did. I think I had loaded an empty PSET to get the novation launch control working.

Steve J as suggested, I kept running bb with a different PSET than the demo song all night long. The good, no crash. today, however as I tried to get novation launch control xl mk2 working with bb (still not working), bb crashed, restarted --> black screen 3 times cycle I believe, than restarted with demo song loaded.

Comment

• Steve J
                Steve J commented
                Editing a comment
                when powered on, can you gently tap or shake the blackbox? do the lights or screen flicker? Does this action cause a reboot or other weird behavior?

• TheSchizoid
                TheSchizoid commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll do it in a little while.

• TheSchizoid
                TheSchizoid commented
                Editing a comment
                No weird behavior

Steve J luckly I was just able to capture the crash on my phone. unfortunately the first couple of crashed I could film. But what I have should give good impression. I hope the upload works

Comment

Steve J , Here is the link to my video where I captured the crash. I hope it works
                Sign in to iCloud to access your photos, videos, documents, notes, contacts, and more. Use your Apple ID or create a new account to start using Apple services.

Comment

• TheSchizoid
                  TheSchizoid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No I didn't upgrade so far, in order to keep the same condition for your test suggestions. Shall I?

• Steve J
                  Steve J commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. Please try.

• TheSchizoid
                  TheSchizoid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ok, I did. but I'm sorry. BB crashed and restarted while I disconnected and reconnected Launch Control. I'll continue to work with BB and see if its happening again.

tomorrow I'll get a new device from my local retailer, they will going to replace my device
              Working...
              X