Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    that would be some high octane multisampling right there!!

• peachnoise
    replied
    Wow this it's exciting. Let's hope to see this in black box soon

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    replied
    I know the feature isn't even on the Blackbox yet, but I already have a suggestion to make this even better than MPC/SampleRobot implementations :

-> Allow it to grab a full preset category from a synth by sending program change messages to switch to next preset

You leave it all night and you've literally ripped a synth into the Blackbox !

Then you only need to rename your multi-samples, unless we can grab the preset names from MIDI.

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    commented on 's reply
    Noteworthy is the assistant is automatised via MIDI, like MPC and SampleRobot does. Which is way better than the initial implementation I had suggested of guessing the root note/pitch.

I realised after my initial post that it doesn't need to do that guessing as it already knows what MIDI note its sends

• Steve
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    commented on 's reply
    I got the new slogan : “Rip, Mix, Produce”.

Does this sound familiar ?

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Aaron might have a better, more technically appropriate answer but I think (personally) it is unnecessary. I have to admit, I thought this would be an interesting feature until I started to play with it. This is now one of my most favorite features in any hardware I own. It is so incredibly easy to use and the results are just gorgeous. I now want to multisample every instrument I can get my hands on. You are going to love this and you won't be disappointed that it takes however long it takes.

• jayneural
    commented on 's reply
    Oh yes 1010 does really listen.

And to respond to José, I don’t think the challenge will be on the CPU/RAM performance for this feature as notes and velocity will be grabbed sequentially.

Unless we want to send multiple notes and record them in parallel through the different inputs in order to accelerate the capture process. Even that I believe can be handled in terms of CPU. SJ, Aaron, you tell me if I’m wrong.

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    we DO listen!!

• jose.gs.araujo
    commented on 's reply
    yes please!

please be generous with the limits to velocity (16 at least), and allowing to sample every semitone. This is helpful for drum samples and some other instruments. doing this one task well is important, even if, at the blackbox's CPU and memory limits, it happens to the detriment of multitasking.

I aplaude your dedication and the fact you are listening to your users!
    here is one happy customer =)

• jayneural
    replied
    I just watched loopop's review of the bitbox mini / mk2, and surprise !!!! the multi-sample assistant is there ! Even with velocity support !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNghPm4EVl8&t=1730s see at 22:00

Wow, can't wait for this to be deployed into the Blackbox' firmware, it's really a killer feature, I mean literally, it's going to kill a lot of PCM-based synths .
    Last edited by jayneural; 04-30-2020, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    replied
    Thanks Aaron for the feedback. I heard Akai’s MPC software also does, though not tried yet.

However, even a simple form of it would be really cool to have directly on the BB, especially considering it’s a standalone on-the-go device. You already have the trim UI/code, we just need the option to write the root note tag as well as the saving of the samples to a directory.

I see many use cases but the most exciting one is : I hear a sound I like on a synth, I connect the BB, launch the multi-sample assistant and boom ! I can play it on the BB and take it with me !
    Last edited by jayneural; 01-20-2020, 09:06 AM. Reason: Completed a sentance

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Please check out the PC/Mac software called Sample Robot. It already does most of this.

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    started a topic Multi-sample recording assistant

Multi-sample recording assistant

The multi-sample is one of my favorite features added in recent firmware versions.

What would really make it shine though would be a kind of recording assistant directly available on the BB, that would assist the user to record and trim the different samples taken at different pitch levels instructed by the assistant. This would then generate a ready to use multi-sample structure of the sampled instrument.

There could also be the ability to create it using imported samples by choosing "load" instead of "record" on the assistant interface.

If you have the ability (and CPU power) to detect all notes pitch/octave from a single recording or set of samples and generate a multi-sample structure from this, it would make everything easier for both the final user and the UX/UI designer ! I believe octave detection could be challenging though, except if we provide range so that the algorithm can perform a relative octave detection.

The use case would be able to catch multi-sample version of your instruments in your daw-less studio, at your friends with using their instruments on the go or when playing at sessions/gigs.

Once we've got this, it will be evident that we'll need some kind of community portal to share our sounds
    Last edited by jayneural; 01-18-2020, 12:21 AM.
Working...
X