Copy-paste doesn't work between PADS in same SEQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy-paste doesn't work between PADS in same SEQ

Not sure whether it's a bug or just wasn't implemented yet but when I try to copy a sequence from a PAD to another inside a selected SEQ, the paste does not apply.

I can only copy-paste the full sequences set inside SEQ.

So supposing I want to use the sequence for another already loaded sample, I have to redo the sequence.

To reproduce it :
    - Go to PADS and add two sounds
    - Go to SEQ and create a sequence assigned to the first pad
    - Go to Edit menu and select Copy
    - Select the pad where you have the second sample on the grid on the top right of the editor screen
    - Go to Edit menu and select Paste.

Nothing will paste.

Originally posted by jayneural View Post
    To reproduce it :
    - Select the pad where you have the second sample on the grid on the top right of the editor screen

Nothing will paste.
    Im not seeing any bug. I have some questions about what you are doing or trying to do or expecting to happen...

I think you may be misunderstanding how the BB works.

You say to create a sequence assigned to the ‘first’ pad. Which pad to you consider to be the ‘first’?

When you say to select a pad to paste your copied sequence to - why are you trying to copy and paste a sequence from the sequences page to a pad which is for holding samples? Obviously a sequence is a sequence and a pad is a pad, so I’m not understanding what you’re trying to achieve?

if you simply want a sample to be a different sample then change your sample. The sequence page and how you sequence the samples has nothing to do with what those samples actually are.

Again, I don’t see a bug. I see a piece of equipment operating normally.

Comment

Will try to make a video of this.

The use case is trying to use the same sequence with multiple sounds (hence needing to copy/paste the sequence)

Comment

Not sure whether it's a bug or just wasn't implemented yet...

To reproduce it :

Nothing will paste.
        I revisited this and did (almost) exactly what you layout above and it did paste the new pattern successfully.
        are you on 1.4 firmware?

I can freely select any pad, and with that pad activated I can freely copy and paste sequences. Perhaps I’m missing something?

Comment

Hi everyone

I really like the BB!

Maybe I have the same "issue" or maybe I'm misunderstanding the COPY PASTE function. Here's what I'm trying to do (and maybe jayneural too):

I have two pads. For example Bass synth pad and a Lead synth pad. I want both of the pads to play the same sequence of notes/melody.

METHOD 1
          1. I select the Bass synth pad in PADS then go to KEYS and record a sequence of notes.
          Now I want to COPY PASTE this sequence "to a different pad" which is the Lead synth pad. Under SEQS it doesn't matter to me if its in the same sequence or in a new one. So this is what i tried:
          2. I go to SEQS and highlight the sequence I just recorded for the Bass synth pad. Then I hit INFO> EDIT>COPY
          3. Now I go back to PADS and select the Lead Synth Pad
          4. I go back to SEQS and highlight the Sequence again (or an empty one), hit INFO>EDIT>PASTE

Result: I expected it to paste the Notes of the Sequence to my highlighted Lead synth pad but thats not happening. Instead it seems to paste ALL the information including which pad is being played into the sequence. Which means its playing the notes again on the Bass synth pad.

I tried another method:

METHOD 2
          I do step 1 and 2 as above
          3. I hit INFO on the a sequence
          4. I select KEYS
          5. then hit the square grid with the "16 pads" on the top right corner and select the slot where the Lead synth pad is
          6. I hit EDIT > PASTE

Result: Again "nothing" happens and it keeps playing the Sequence on the Bass synth pad

Third try also doesn't work:

METHOD 3
          I do step 1 and 2 as above
          3. I select a new Sequence and hit INFO>EDIT>PASTE
          4. In the INFO view of the sequence I select the PADS view and I can see all the steps are on the Pad number of Bass synth pad.
          5. Now I select each step of the sequence with the first encoder knob (top left) and I try to change the pad number to the Lead synth pad by turning the fourth (bottom right). The fourth encoder doesnt seem to respond and sometimes bugs out and creates a random note on a random different pad and position.
          Even if method 3 would work it would be quite tedious...

This leaves me with no other option than to record that amazing complex and long sequence foreach pad individually

I hope this detailed description makes it clear what I (and probably jayneural) are trying to do.

Am I doing something wrong or is this function not existing. If it doesn't exist I think METHOD 1 or METHOD 2 could be a good addition to the wish list?

I'm running 1.4.3 firmware

Cheers,
          Deniz

Comment

• Georges
            Georges commented
            Editing a comment
            Provided it is exactly as you describe for method 1, that sounds more like a cut&paste than a copy&paste and that could be considered unexpected behaviour from a user’s perspective.

This copy/paste-thing is also really doing my head in. I just don't get it.

- Say I have a bassline pattern in SEQ1 for Pad1. I want to copy and paste that inside SEQ 1 for a lead sound that is on Pad2. Is there anyone who can tell me how to do that?

- Also totally unclear to me: is it possible to copy the first 16 steps in a SEQ to the next 16/32/48 steps?

I love my BB to death, and coming from an Octatrack I am used to figuring stuff out, but this one seems too tough for me.

Cheers,
          John (on 1.5.1)

EDIT: This is actually a cry for help .

I would really appreciate if someone has a step-by-step description. Also the manual is not very clear on what can be achieved with copy/paste, so maybe I am expecting too much.
          Last edited by Hooger; 03-30-2020, 04:31 AM.

Comment

I've had the same issue.

Comment

Me too having that issue.

Comment

Are you sequencing KEYS or PADS in the piano roll?

Comment

Same issue/wishlist:
                  Sequencing KEYS, e.g. having one melody sequenced on Pad 9 which when looking at the sequence in detail is shown selected in upper right corner, then trying to "copy", then selecting another pad from the dropdown without any notes yet, then would love to "paste" the notes from previous pad into it, but it stays empty. This is mostly becoming handy/relevant, when a song gets more complex, and one wants to clean up/consolidate some first round of sketches and assign some sequences to different pads with different sounds or midi channels.

Comment

Agreed, at the moment Copy Paste cannot be performed between pads. If you have one sequence that you wish to copy into multiple pads (instruments) this cannot be done as of Firmware 1.6.5

Comment

Will try to make a video of this.

The use case is trying to use the same sequence with multiple sounds (hence needing to copy/paste the sequence)
                      Agreed, very time consuming

Comment

.......i just got one of these, I was trying to do the same thing for like 10 minutes.....

Overall, cool idea for a small piece of gear !!!!
                        ( but I'm not very happy with the sequencer )

You should check out Korg Gadget.....way way way better for editing and layering and performing your sequences.

Comment

Firstly, congratulations to the team on an impressive piece of hardware.
                          As a new owner I came across this problem quite early in my explorations. I would like to suggest included in a near future release should be and/or :-
                          1. Override the pad/sound selection after creating the sequence
                          2. Paste sequence data only including steps and intervals etc.
                          As a wish list would be :-
                          1. Select target note for paste
                          2. Paste Invert/mirror
                          The forth blank column below the header could be assigned as ‘Paste’ to accommodate the extra options, the 'Cut' could be used as the initiation to the process.
                          I hope you will find these suggestions constructive

Comment

Working...
                          X